Super Bowl Half Time Show

lookin4myscooter

Anyone else see Katy Perry's Super Bowl half time show with Lenny Kravitz and another musician (whom I do not know)? If you didn't see it, it was one of the most incredible concert performances I have ever seen, maybe even THE best (in my own opinion). The flashing lights and fireworks were cool and all, but her voice was actually pretty good, the dancing was just INCREDIBLE, the use of the (what I'm assuming is) flexible matrix screen floor, and her giant lion and the shooting star thing were pretty awesome! If you missed it, be sure to check it out on YouTube or wherever else you can find it. I will post a link as soon as I find one if someone doesn't beat me to it (feel free to beat me to it). 

I don't watch football, or any other physical sport.(Soccer, Hockey, Etc) I just think it is boring watching people running around a field or rink kicking and hitting things. Also, not my type of music. So I guess you could say I didn't watch it.

Does that make me weird?

and another musician (whom I do not know

You are obviously not from the 90's.

Missy Elliot was the best part because nostalgia. As stated, half time show are pre recorded because trying to make a live performance sound good in a stadium is impossible. They where lip-syncing the entire thing, Why do you think She was holding the mic soo close to her mouth? To obstruct the view of her lips moving. That half time show was bad and you should feel bad.

it was one of the most incredible concert performances I have ever seen, maybe even THE best

Im assuming you are under the age of 18, so when ever you turn 18, go to a rave. Particularly go see Excision and the Executioner video & lighting show. It blows that half time show's visuals out of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlPhiYMdhlc

Was watching Puppy Bowl. Waaayyyy more entertaining than the Super Bowl. Because puppies.

How high were you?

I am form the 90's. 1990 to be exact, I grew up on country and didn't find rock music until 2001 when I was taught to play an instrument. So at the time that's all I knew. That's still all I mostly know (rock mainly and a little bit of country) so I had never heard of Missy.

I am aware it was lip synced. But the vocal tracks were prerecorded for the show instead of using the original vocal tracks. My point is that lip synced or not, it was better than most times I've seen her on tv. Not a fan, but I watch Palladia (concert station on cable) a lot  while cleaning house or doing other home tasks so... 

I don't do raves... I'm more of a Kiss, TSO, Journey, Green Day type. I saw Skrillex once with my gf, which isn't good for a person with epilepsy. I was about dead at the end of the night but it was cool. But it wasn't live, but these days it's not always the point. I'm not gonna "gen wun", I prefer live performance, but I also love a good show.

I agree with Tylinater, a classic rock band would have been more fitting. I think pop doesn't fit the mood of Super Bowl (whatever that is, I don't watch sports). 

@Jon Cannon, I would LOVE to see Weird Al at the Super Bowl! He deserves to be there more so than Katy Perry. 

*Trivia: My girlfriends' name is (how she spells her name) Katie Perry (my gf), but is in no way related to/affiliated with, nor does she make any claims to be related to or affiliated with Katy Perry (musician). 

NOTE: I have no idea how to use the "quote button", yes I have tried, but I just can't. So that's why I'm not using it. And no I'm not offended or anything, but thought I would just give the facts.