Lexan material screwing up

Andrew

Question

My lexan material is messed up on certain trucks, and it makes it so I cant see through some lexan parts, most of the trucks I use are fine but some have issues. I have re downloaded the trucks, replaced all the files, and looked into the material files but I cant seem to figure out why I cant see through my lexan on certain trucks, all of the trucks that have the issue have been fine before but for some reason they are all screwed up now. Please, please, please help I cant stand lexan that I cant see through.  :(

ac0e7f4350.jpg

12 answers to this question

Check and see if the material files are like so:

material SOLID/TEX/YourTexture.png

{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            scene_blend alpha_blend
            alpha_rejection greater 0
            depth_write off
            lighting off
            texture_unit
            {
                texture YourTexture.png
            }
        }
    }
}

Yes I have my material files set up that way, its odd because I exported hot wheels and put the lexan windsheild on it and it worked just fine ingame, I even released it to the public. Everyone I ask says the lexan is fine. I might have downloaded a bad truck that screwed my material files up because this has happened to a hand full of other trucks I have.

Are all of the trucks in the same zip? If so, that could be the issue (and good luck finding the cause!). I had a nightmare issue with the SMV4 pack where something was causing ALL of the trucks to be flat, with shiny 4-link bars... Another reason why I am against dumping everything into one location.

You do not by chance have a material set to a mesh in blender do you? I know this caused me issues with the axle mesh for my 2015 Canadian Crippler showing up ingame messed up. Delete it if there is. Also you are exporting as a game engine material correct? That can also cause ingame texture errors.

thisrighthur_zpsienpas4m.png

Bump again. Like the above, I also dumped my V4 into a folder because the zip was too big for ROR to load.

I've tried every suggestion I could find and I can't find the problem. The lexan and its spec are still transparent. In the case of trucks that had Lexan in the materials, I changed the material to the one Helen posted. I even cleared/regened the cache just in case. None of it worked.

It happens with any truck that has Lexan.png and Lexan-spec.png; for example, the Willman version of Hot Wheels 2007, Thor, and the entire Max D pack. I'm completely out of ideas.

EDIT- Well, this is weird. The Max D pack's lexan is working again. I have no idea how it happened; I don't recall actually making any changes to them. (The lexan is a managed material, and there's no lexan in the separate material files.) Other trucks that have Lexan.png still aren't working correctly. I'm just super confused now.