New Wheel User

DDT

Question

So on this past Wednesday or Thursday i finally went out and bought me a Logitech G27 wheel. I was seeing if anyone had any tips on driving with it with the Monster Trucks? Also On RFactor it kept registering as 1 button was being held down all the time and every time i tried to set a control it kept setting it the button it was reading as always being pushed.

4 answers to this question

Any proper racing/driving game (Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Rfactor. Euro Truck Simulator) will support 900 degree rotation. As for setup's I usually google the game I am playing and put a generic ingame setup and tweak it to my liking. The logitech profile for the most part stays the same minus the degree of rotation. For ROR, even though I do not use my wheel much, I found 280-300 to be about right for me, if you are wanting to have it like a real truck your gonna be looking at about a full turn and a half (540 degrees). Marks button map works good if you setup your shifter with rubberbands for sequential shifting, I dont so I remapped them to shifter buttons.

For RoR i found about 360 degrees rotation im liking so far just really need to get use to the wheel and being able to quickly turn the wheel one handed while using my other hand for shifting and rear steer. For Key Map im using a mix of one on the repo and marks that a friend of mine put together for him and sent me to try. For all other games im running 900 Degrees rotation and for both games i have a little forcefeed back on but not enough to rip the wheel out of my hand or anything. As for setting up RFactor controls i was trying to set them up ingame.