Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

He was in Tulsa announcing 

"It doesn't enter the arena. Oh no, it leads a funeral procession! Prepare to meet the grim reaper, it's GRAVE DIGGER!" 

"Hickory Dickory Dock, you're about to get clocked! Here to bring the end of times, it's MAX D!"

I hope FELD lets him have the freedom to do intros like this, it would be the best thing ever.

"It doesn't enter the arena. Oh no, it leads a funeral procession! Prepare to meet the grim reaper, it's GRAVE DIGGER!"  

"Hickory Dickory Dock, you're about to get clocked! Here to bring the end of times, it's MAX D!"

I hope FELD lets him have the freedom to do intros like this, it would be the best thing ever.

My new favorite announcer right there, next to Scott Douglass, that is.

I was very impressed with Mark List and Brianna Mahon in Tulsa, and I'm hoping they keep it up!

With just 3 days left until the haulers leave the shop, our team has a handful of tires left to mount before the trailers can be declared... packed and ready to go.

Man, I have to say .. that Vaters team you are apart of is a superb operation. 

Best of luck to everybody there this season!

• Upvote 1

Even in the 90s the trucks are nothing compared to today's trucks, I have a few old VHS's of 'Inside Monster Jam' (from the late 90s) and the highest 'stacks' where 2 cars on top of each other (lol).

so the drivers from that age are older and not really used too the abuse of today's trucks fling 50ft in the air. 

just my 2cents...

The exchange rate on your two cents is low my friend. The advances in driver safety has made things a lot better for today's drivers than what they were experiencing just 10 years ago, much less throughout the 90's. Even if they weren't going "as big" they weren't nearly as well protected and took a beating as a result of that. If you find some old on board videos you can see footage of drivers getting slung around like rag dolls where as today you don't see the drivers moving except for their limbs. Outside of driver safety aspects the trucks haven't changed that much since the 90's. They've just gotten fat. They went from being relatively lean racing trucks to the bulked up and much heavier trucks we see today.

• Upvote 1

The exchange rate on your two cents is low my friend. The advances in driver safety has made things a lot better for today's drivers than what they were experiencing just 10 years ago, much less throughout the 90's. Even if they weren't going "as big" they weren't nearly as well protected and took a beating as a result of that. If you find some old on board videos you can see footage of drivers getting slung around like rag dolls where as today you don't see the drivers moving except for their limbs. Outside of driver safety aspects the trucks haven't changed that much since the 90's. They've just gotten fat. They went from being relatively lean racing trucks to the bulked up and much heavier trucks we see today.

I still cringe every time I watch Lupe's run for World Finals 5.  When he came down form jumping through Bounty Hunter, his head snapped back so fast, and generally the bucket seats they ran didn't run all the way up to the back of the drivers helmet.  Lucky we didn't see him with any injury (that we know of).

I still cringe every time I watch Lupe's run for World Finals 5.  When he came down form jumping through Bounty Hunter, his head snapped back so fast, and generally the bucket seats they ran didn't run all the way up to the back of the drivers helmet.  Lucky we didn't see him with any injury (that we know of).

I feel the same way about Cliff Thomas when he crashed Nitro in Orlando in 2000. That onboard video still makes me flinch and even look away at times.

Here's a better image of List's El Toro for chassis ID. I'm echoing Mike E. on this one and that it's LeDuc's old chassis from MM or something with the Black Headers and Swaybar arms with the red accents on the shock towers being painted black. 

10391978_10153793023940833_2285589342474

Again, if the Metal Mulisha truck was getting handed down it would be to the scrapbin, there are two main issues with the theory regardless, Metal Mulisha is a gen 1 CRD, as such the plate brace between the rear upper and bottom 4 link tabs have a small cut out (example picture shown).
12439201_1079534438723221_20217742810658

Mark's ETL is a solid piece meaning it is a gen 2 CRD. The last thing that tells me they are not the same is the fact that Metal Mulisha has a third set of roof supports (like in the picture below) while again, Mark's ETL does not.
deezbarz_zpstsyofw0k.png

Edited by Outlawed

For gods sake, hes barely landed the double backflip and hasnt even done a 100% frontflip. Can he land something then move on? 

Also, is damon bradshaw in good health? He looks like is sick and had been for a while. 

Edited by Hornetguy97

Was watching Monster Jam 2016 season preview and Tom is working on some new stunt for vegas. From the little bit of footage they showed it looks like he might be trying a double frontflip. Anybody have more details about this?

Oh, no you don't Tom! That man is just getting crazier and crazier every year. What does he eat for breakfast? Sugar? HE HASN'T EVEN LANDED A FRONTFLIP YET!