V4 Preview Videos!

JoshDIGRhodes

also just to through it out when asked when it will be done they hear that question so many times they are probably sick of hearing it and will punish everyone as a group by waiting a little longer to release it....I dont mind waiting as i know the pack will be well worth it like the last 2 packs have been and these guys are doing it for free out of there own time instead of doing something else.

• Upvote 7

Hey, question.

since you're, you know, remaking the pack from scratch...

wouldn't it be a good idea to make it .38 compatable?

because in 38, terrain lag has been optimised to the point where it's nearly impossible to "lag" from too many verts on a track, the graphical improvements, UI improvements and how it's generally better performing

i do recall Roach i believe it was posted on a preview pic posted on SMs FB page about trying to fix the trucks so they work on newer versions and RKMs signature recently said that SM does not run on 38.......yet or something along those lines but when i said this a few weeks ago on a post i believe RKM denied it

Hey, question.

since you're, you know, remaking the pack from scratch...

wouldn't it be a good idea to make it .38 compatable?

because in 38, terrain lag has been optimised to the point where it's nearly impossible to "lag" from too many verts on a track, the graphical improvements, UI improvements and how it's generally better performing

Possibly, however we started working on the pack quite awhile ago and seeing as the latest versions are .39 but there are no public (to my knowledge) downloads for it at this time the answer is currently no but it will probably change at some point when .39 is publicly available.

Unrelated to that, why change when just about everyone is perfectly fine with the version we've been using since season 1?

Unrelated to that, why change when just about everyone is perfectly fine with the version we've been using since season 1?

Because even 38 is miles better then 37, and we get six threads a day going OMG Y WONT DIGGAR SHO. PLZ HELP PLZ because they're in 38.

And, because it'll allow more freedom with detail, especially on tracks, without worrying about the horrible lag monster of the seventh dimension. and on top of that, with the new "freedoms" this allows, more people will be more motivated to make better things without worrying about superficial superstition.

Not to mention, up until now, the only reason given for not using 38 for leagues was because to get to 38, you'd have to "rebuild" the pack, which is exactly what you're doing now.

• Upvote 10