Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DannyMackey

blender
Track Making Tutorial Series (Blender 2.49)

9 posts in this topic

With the ever growing desire for tutorials for content creation now, I figured I'd finally start putting together some videos for track making.  I will be doing more with time, covering specific topics of track making and the steps within it.  Hopefully people can learn from this as well as share other ideas and tricks they've learned over time.  You should take note that everything I am showing are (mostly) methods I follow and use all the time.  There are other methods to track making and I hope everyone can take the time to experiment with Blender and find a way that is best suited for you.

 


Part 1: Introduction:

 

Taken from a livestream I did on hitbox, this is the first video I've put together for track making tutorials for Rigs of Rods.  I go through the basics in using Blender, along with building some obstacles, adding vehicles for jumps, texturing, and exporting.

*DISCLAIMER*

This is the first time I've done a tutorial like this, and it was also being streamed to add to that.  So I don't know how easy it is to follow along.

Also I tried to go through the entire process in one go, so some stuff I may go past quickly.  I intend to go more in depth in future videos.

Check back for future updates and videos! 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i gave up at 8:04 idk what to do and f*cked everything up

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you make a tutorial on how to get a .ternn file into a track? I have one but it doesn't spawn because I don't have a .ternn file! I have El Paso 2016

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NickB said:

Can you make a tutorial on how to get a .ternn file into a track? I have one but it doesn't spawn because I don't have a .ternn file! I have El Paso 2016

You can use any terrn file from any other regular track.. Just copy and rename it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can somebody help with when your erasing paint so it looks like a truck drove over it so it looks more realistic 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

can somebody help with when your erasing paint so it looks like a truck drove over it so it looks more realistic 

Sure

I use the clone stamping tool on a low opacity. What this does is translate a certain part of the picture over your spot, but doesn't completely cover it. Make sure you're also using a really soft brush when using it to make sure it flows. Use google (i'm sure there's some tutorials) to practice getting used to the tool, cause I can't really explain it in detail.

EDIT

Since I'm nice, here's some tutorials

Gimp:

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html

Paint.net:

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/CloneStamp.html

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Sure

I use the clone stamping tool on a low opacity. What this does is translate a certain part of the picture over your spot, but doesn't completely cover it. Make sure you're also using a really soft brush when using it to make sure it flows. Use google (i'm sure there's some tutorials) to practice getting used to the tool, cause I can't really explain it in detail.

EDIT

Since I'm nice, here's some tutorials

Gimp:

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html

Paint.net:

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/CloneStamp.html

thanks but how do you make a brush soft

nevermind i think i got it 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0