V4 Preview Videos!

JoshDIGRhodes

Because even 38 is miles better then 37, and we get six threads a day going OMG Y WONT DIGGAR SHO. PLZ HELP PLZ because they're in 38.

And, because it'll allow more freedom with detail, especially on tracks, without worrying about the horrible lag monster of the seventh dimension. and on top of that, with the new "freedoms" this allows, more people will be more motivated to make better things without worrying about superficial superstition.

Not to mention, up until now, the only reason given for not using 38 for leagues was because to get to 38, you'd have to "rebuild" the pack, which is exactly what you're doing now.

The pack would not have to be remade at all, all it would take is simply making sure the comments do not have any arguments, since .38 it uses an aggresive method when reading things, the file parser immediatly quits reading after an invalid comment is made such as an extra ( or ;The main reason no one has mad the switch to .38 has to do with the change that was made to influence front steering, the input made it much slower. Thats why most of your top performers in the series are running 37.117 instead of 37.126.. the faster steering. I totally agree, with converting the pack to .39 once the implimentations have been put in place. The engine commands have been corrected to cause rear steer not to fail since its no longer tied to engine rpm. Now we just have to wait for the faster steering and I see no problem converting everything. Its all in the text files already just needs to be sorted through.

• Upvote 2

The pack would not have to be remade at all, all it would take is simply making sure the comments do not have any arguments, since .38 it uses an aggresive method when reading things, the file parser immediatly quits reading after an invalid comment is made such as an extra ( or ;The main reason no one has mad the switch to .38 has to do with the change that was made to influence front steering, the input made it much slower. Thats why most of your top performers in the series are running 37.117 instead of 37.126.. the faster steering. I totally agree, with converting the pack to .39 once the implimentations have been put in place. The engine commands have been corrected to cause rear steer not to fail since its no longer tied to engine rpm. Now we just have to wait for the faster steering and I see no problem converting everything. Its all in the text files already just needs to be sorted through.

Well there we go

• Upvote 2

can someone please tell everyone what general date the pack is comin out? in a week, couple of weeks, or a month? please

your first post on this site is this? :rolleyes:

and to PC or others wanting to advance to .39 ROR, vote on these and it might happen sooner rather then later:

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/topic/2133-help-make-ror-monster-trucks-better/

• Upvote 2

I think you need to make it bigger Nick, you know like some of the peoples signatures in the forum here..half the size of my 27 inch screen.

When will this truck pack enter the program?

When someone puts it into their My Documents/Rigs of Rods/ Packs/ folder

• Upvote 2

So just to be clear, the V4 pack isn't out yet and it will be done when the guys finish it and then post it in the download section and then most likely feature it on the main page and also possibly post about it? Oh ok. Must've missed that part.

Sorry guys just had to chime in. The youths tend to make things funny and also quite annoying at times. :P

• Upvote 4