SSRS Preseason Event 1: Saturday, April 25th, 2015: Philadelphia, PA

DannyMackey

Mike Russell

mike437@comcast.net

Disney XD

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/1127-disney-xd/

Bronze

Disney XD did not run within the time frame we are considering for trucks this season (all of 2014 and first quarter 2015), so I would have you switch trucks, but since I didn't notice until right now, I'll let you run it this time.

5 minutes left for qualifying!

Message summerstadiumracingseries on AIM in order to qualify!

Full results can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V0Cq6pw3asKdVUa5_AM8uHTFM9YA3xGZMtd2v2IJkFs/edit#gid=869849446

As a last second surprise, we will be trying something else that's new tonight.  

20 trucks will be in the freestyle competition.  Meaning spots 17-20 will be freestyling, so if you are in those spots, make sure you are around to freestyle!

Disney XD did not run within the time frame we are considering for trucks this season (all of 2014 and first quarter 2015), so I would have you switch trucks, but since I didn't notice until right now, I'll let you run it this time.

Whoops!  My mistake, I'll be sure to pick a different one for the next event.  I'll be sitting this one out anyhow; had something come up last minute.  See ya'll next week!

QUALIFYING AND SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

AIM Chat will be opened at 7:45 est/6:45 cst!

Full results can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V0Cq6pw3asKdVUa5_AM8uHTFM9YA3xGZMtd2v2IJkFs/edit#gid=869849446

As a last second surprise, we will be trying something else that's new tonight.  

20 trucks will be in the freestyle competition.  Meaning spots 17-20 will be freestyling, so if you are in those spots, make sure you are around to freestyle!

Well, I had by far my most realistically consistent freestyle I've ever done by far! And after so much bad luck freestyles in that past 4 months, I managed to sit through 12 trucks until a very motivated Devin Doss kills it and gets a 47! Great event guys, there may have been some hick-ups, but this was still a great event none the less.

Wow I had such an amazing time tonight at this event. I showed up to the pit party and saw some of my favorite trucks there like Titan, grave digger, and the legend digger! These trucks are all super amazing and had some WILD rides and it was just insane! I really do think this season will be BIG! Possibly as BIG as it could get! One thing though is that I didn't see Saigon Shaker anywhere and I'm very upset about that. Like where the f*ck was he anyways? Other than that I just loved watching those trucks tear up the track and it was a golly heck of a great time. I can't wait until summer when I get to watch all the freestyles and races and hear all the summer songs being played! Great job everyone, you're all winners in my book!

• Upvote 7

Well after one event I think it's safe to say that we are going to have a good season.  Had some hiccups in racing that we are looking to feather out, but otherwise we ran fairly well.  Event ran a bit longer than I was hoping for, started at 8:05 and finished at 11:30, but I think if we clean everything up we can get this going a lot smoother and quicker.

As far as competition went, I think we are at the same point the site was at back during Season 2 in 2011.  Everyone is coming into their own and at the same time.  We had 20 freestyles tonight, and I think if anyone really got comfortable could've taken a win.  Racing was as close as always, and I think will continue to be close all season long, and the Obstacle Course should be a great showing of the drivers who are still getting there.  Also, the addition of the 4 extra trucks for freestyle will definitely be sticking around.  Everyone seems to love freestyle and what a better way of giving those who aren't as good at freestyle get the chance to still compete.

For points, we have discussed and decided to rework the Obstacle Course points.  They will now work as follows:

1st: +30 points

2nd-4th: +20 points

5th-8th: +10 points

While I would like to make it equal, there are issues that arise between it being fair for the racing competitors, opportunities for sandbagging and other reasons.  They will be accounted into tonight's event and all others going forward.

Full event results have been posted in the initial post, points have been updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ET4ydiJPPAW-3Ep96903duLaRokWpByR0C8z_rQfC4/edit#gid=801820751), and next week's event will be posted soon (Remington County Fairgrounds).

All in all a great return to action for SSRS and I hope you guys had a good time.  Feel free to add you opinions to the event as well.