Super Bowl 49 Discussion thread

maxdfandan555

I think that the Patriots will beat Seattle, especially after seeing the Seahawks-Packers NFC Champ. game. However, I think that New England will face a lot of pressure going into the game with the Deflate Gate, and if I they win I'm sure that they'll be under fire even more. But I think that your prediction is pretty close as to how the game will play out. I'm a Patriots fan anyway, and I hope that they win. I'm also really curious about what Katy will do for half time, she mentioned that she's planning to use the stadium's retractable roof.

• Upvote 1

I'm also really curious about what Katy will do for half time, she mentioned that she's planning to use the stadium's retractable roof.

I'm not looking forward to this year's halftime show at all. Last year was good because honestly Bruno Mars has charisma and RHCP are just awesome but Katy Perry... yeah she's no different than any pre-packaged pop singer. If it was a perfect world, the Foo Fighters/Queens of the Stone Age would play the halftime show.

This year in my opinion, the NFL rigged the whole damn thing. What are the odds of a mentor coach going up against the student coach. 0 to none, basically. Even my good friend, Murphy, called it. He said right before the NFL season even started, that the Seahawks would face the Patriots at the Superbowl. Even in the NFL Talk show, (Even before the Playoffs even started) one of the hosts said, "It's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks. I mean, I bet it's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks." Plus, they even rigged the games that the visiting team would lose against the home team (except the Patriots and the Seahawks, they would have to be stupid to lose, even if the opposite team was being paid, TO LOSE). Why do you think the Saints lost so many times this year. And why didn't the referees at the Patriots vs. Colts game even check the footballs, even during Halftime, they could've easily read that, the second the Tom Brady started throwing the balls to his receiving players and started getting touchdowns like crazy, IN THE RAIN. Tom Brady is a good quarter back, and with a good team. But in the end, the NFL is just a rigged monopoly. I don't mean to break down peoples opinions of the NFL, it's just my way of thinking. There is nothing wrong with that.

This year in my opinion, the NFL rigged the whole damn thing. What are the odds of a mentor coach going up against the student coach. 0 to none, basically. Even my good friend, Murphy, called it. He said right before the NFL season even started, that the Seahawks would face the Patriots at the Superbowl. Even in the NFL Talk show, (Even before the Playoffs even started) one of the hosts said, "It's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks. I mean, I bet it's going to be the Patriots and the Seahawks." Plus, they even rigged the games that the visiting team would lose against the home team (except the Patriots and the Seahawks, they would have to be stupid to lose, even if the opposite team was being paid, TO LOSE). Why do you think the Saints lost so many times this year. And why didn't the referees at the Patriots vs. Colts game even check the footballs, even during Halftime, they could've easily read that, the second the Tom Brady started throwing the balls to his receiving players and started getting touchdowns like crazy, IN THE RAIN. Tom Brady is a good quarter back, and with a good team. But in the end, the NFL is just a rigged monopoly. I don't mean to break down peoples opinions of the NFL, it's just my way of thinking. There is nothing wrong with that.

Hagan, have you ever considered that even the coaches have their own skills mentally too, so a team can because because of their players AND coach. Also, a coach has played his predecessor in the Super Bowl 2 times before, so your whole "zero to one thing" has gone out the door. Tom Brady throwing touchdown passes like crazy in the rain? Maybe just its his skill of playing in the NFL for 14 years and his receivers practicing like crazy with a wet ball? He threw more touchdown passes with a correctly inflated ball too. Also, how could the NFL be a rigged monopoly when there are 3 other major sports in the United States that also attract fans?  And yes, some NFL talk shows may have predicted the Seahawks vs. Patriots Superbowl but weren't they also predicting the Broncos to be in it and or the Packers? You seriously need to do your research before you go on accusing the NFL of rigging. But according to you, since 1968 the sole purpose of the Super Bowl has been to make money and aid the NFL in gaining monopoly powers.

• Upvote 1

The purpose of the Super Bowl is to see which conference is better, basically. AFC or NFC. The Super Bowl was started in 1970ish as a merger between he AFC (separate league at the time) and the NFL (basically the NFC). Now the conferences are merged into on big national league. It isn't used a money-maker. It just happens to be the biggest sporting event in the world. People watch it and they appreciate it for what it is. Except for half time shows. Sometimes they're good and sometimes they're not. Do you think the NFL rigged the 2013 Super Bowl where two brothers coaching for two different teams played each other? I don't think so. In my opinion, both teams deserve to be where they're at (say what you will about the Pats). Any team that has played over 20 games and still came out as the best, then they deserve to play the Super Bowl. I mean, did the NFL rig the NFC champ. game? Russel was awful, 4 int. and 1 touchdown. They were just able to pull it together in overtime. Its hard to rig a NFL game. And the Saints were bad this year because they just were. It's like this year-why were the Browns so good? #PatsSuperBowl15.

• Upvote 1

The only thing I'm sad about is next year for Super Bowl 50 they aren't going to be using roman numerals.

I was really looking forward to Super BowL.

for anyone who doesn't get it the roman numeral for 50 is L.

• Upvote 1