Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

1 hour ago, DrunkenGinger said:

Not to come across as rude or as a jerk, but haven't we all heard this rumor every year?  I don't think Monster Jam is gonna stop capitalizing on an event as massive as the World Finals.  It's my OPINION that it wouldn't be moved due to the 'tradition' of it being held in Las Vegas.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but the likelihood of this actually happening is slim.  We've all heard this whole ordeal every year.

Couple thing may make this a bit more likely than previous:

Next year is the 20th World Finals, if they were going to change up location that would be the best year

The new Las Vegas Raiders stadium in 2020 I feel will make Sam Boyd pretty much obsolete (could be wrong though)

5 hours ago, Robertson Racing said:

So, i met Matt Pagliarulo (Jester) today out near my work and he said that this could be the last year the World Finals will be held in Vegas. The and other drivers have been hearing rumors that it could be moved around from year to year, that it could be held here in Glendale or even held in Tampa. I dont know how legit these rumors are but it could be pretty exciting if it was to be held here in Arizona. 

Thats a inside joke...Matt likes to joke around about stuff.

So he was not serious #JesterGotJokes

8 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Couple thing may make this a bit more likely than previous:

Next year is the 20th World Finals, if they were going to change up location that would be the best year

The new Las Vegas Raiders stadium in 2020 I feel will make Sam Boyd pretty much obsolete (could be wrong though)

Sam Boyd's already obsolete, only thing held there to my knowledge is UNLV football games (these will be moved to the new Raider's stadium as well) along with Monster Jam and Supercross. I think that there might be some other rally stuff or truck racing and maybe high school football. 

Sam Boyd might get a little upgrade though, since the XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) is coming back and will need stadiums that don't already have contracts with NFL teams. The XFL had a team play in Sam Boyd back in 2000 so they might try and put a football team there and Sam Boyd is an ideal stadium for it (the seating is minimal so it won't be hard to sell it out). The XFL season should get near ending right around March 20th every year, so that might affect some things. 

Feld can also keep their massive pit party at Sam Boyd and they have the advantage of being able to keep dirt and junk cars close to the stadium (I read that somewhere on here). I think Feld also does the same thing for Anaheim with dirt, I'm pretty sure the dirt they bring in for the first Monster Jam is just reused all first quarter for the other Monster Jams and Supercross stuff there.

Sam Boyd also offers really good stadium length so officials can be more lenient with trucks flying really far. I doubt trucks could reach the same speeds they reach at Sam Boyd in a stadium like Raymond James.