Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Thompson, brother of Steven Thompson, driver of several trucks including Wrecking Crew, Taurus, and Lumberjack, and a frequent crew member for the Vaters during the Spring and Summer this year, has passed away

Image result for mike thompson monster jam

Got to meet him when MJ came to Metlife this year. A very nice guy and a great driver. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Mike Thompson, brother of Steven Thompson, driver of several trucks including Wrecking Crew, Taurus, and Lumberjack, and a frequent crew member for the Vaters during the Spring and Summer this year, has passed away

Got to meet him when MJ came to Metlife this year. A very nice guy and a great driver. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

This one really hits me hard. He was such a rising star and he was an overall amazing guy. From a guy who is battling his own demons, please know that just a "hello" or a "how you're doing?" goes a long way. God, this is such a sad loss. RIP Mike.

Matt Cody took home the Overall Event Championship at the Saturday Evening show at Amalie Arena, his first since 2017. He said in his post show interview "Mike was riding with me all night, he was driving that truck as much as I was."

Matt took home both Timed Racing and Speedster Obstacle Course wins, with a Donut win as well at the Saturday Afternoon event. He completed his first ever backflip in the Saturday Evening show as well, joining the elite group of driver athletes to have completed a backflip in an arena.

• Outlawed locked and unpinned this topic