MORE Season 3 Information

JoshDIGRhodes

PLEASE READ EVERY WORD OF THIS, DO NOT SKIM THROUGH IT. THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SIM-MONSTERS SEASON 3!

Its been awhile since the initial post about Season 3, so i thought it was about time to bring more things to light about the upcoming season. Again, i stress that i will NOT be answering questions about Season 3 until the actual signups start a week or two after the actual World Finals.

Firstly, i want to say that the V4 pack(from what i've been told) is very close to being finalized and released. RKM, Roach, Crazy, and everyone involved with that have done an EXCELLENT job with all these new trucks. Almost everything has been rebuilt from V3 to V4 and i have to give them a boatload of credit for doing all this work. I've been able to test the new physics and they are absolutely the best we've ever had in ROR, and i can't wait to get them out on the track to see how everybody else feels about them.

I've been back and forth a number of times on the amount of "Elite Drivers." I originally said the top 16, and after much thought i'm going to stay with 16 drivers as the "Elite" of our series. These drivers will have the option of picking a new truck, or keeping the truck they drove in Season 2, those drivers are:

1. Eric Myers

2. Andrew Field

3. Ryan McCauley

4. Josh Rhodes

5. Michael DesRoaches

6. Justin Olander

7. Tyler May

8. Michael Murray

9. Danny Mackey

10. Stephen Hopkins

11. Steve Harlow

12. Kyle Carr

13. Casey Graves

14. Mark Colineri

15. Tom Papaccio

16. Timothy Smith

Teams in Season 3 will still be happening. So i'm going to explain the format for picking and choosing teammates. Elite Drivers of course have first choice. If an Elite driver decides to drive Bounty Hunter in season 3, then he will be able to pick who drives either Scarlet Bandit, Iron Outlaw, or he will have the option of picking a driver to drive the Black Bounty Hunter. For Example, if Mark Colineri drives Bounty Hunter, and picks Tom Papaccio as his teammate. Mark then chooses where Tom would be booked for season 3 events. However, if Tom is picked to drive the Black Bounty Hunter, then he automatically has to run separate events than Mark. There will not be two of the same named truck at every event. This team would be named "2Xtreme Racing 1." in the Team Points. Now, once Mark has picked his teammate he will not be allowed to pick the drivers who choose the other two 2Xtreme Racing Trucks. So for example if he picked Tom to drive Iron Outlaw, then Scarlet Bandit and the Black Bounty Hunter will be open and considered a separate team. The driver who takes the Black Bounty Hunter would then get to pick who drives Scarlet Bandit, and they would be considered "2Xtreme Racing 2" in the team points.

We will still be doing a booking system for Season 3. I know we are going to have an extreme amount of signups, but it will be first come first serve as to who gets what events/venues, and Elite drivers will also get first choice of the venues they wish to run at. The MAXIMUM of drivers allowed at a stadium event any given weekend is 16, and the MAXIMUM drivers allowed at an arena event any given weekend will be 12. Thats 28 drivers each weekend. Remember, choose wisely. There are championships awarded in season 3 for Stadium Racing and Freestyle, as well as Arena Racing and Freestyle. This is just a little piece of advice to some of the new drivers out there that will try to run this season. It would be best of you to choose an arena heavy schedule and maybe 1 or 2 stadiums, just to get your feet wet and learn in the arenas before you jump in and run the gigantic stadiums.

With all that said, i hope everyone has a better understanding of Season 3. There are bugs that will be worked out soon regarding the points system for both stadium and arena championships as well as team points. I will do my best to keep all of you informed the best i can on any changes that could come up. Thanks for reading and i hope this brings the level of excitement up even more!

• Upvote 1

I lol'ed at Elite driver 11, kinda hard for him to run when he is banned.

but ya there is gonna be alot of bugs to work out with this system, I think that it would make it easier to figure out how many events for sure are gonna happen and how many events people are allowed to book themselves into. remembering the mtm2 days the only flaw with booking systems is people that no show. atleast with qualifying in if you dont want to race you dont have to make a qualifying attempt.

Question, If I can sign up for S3 and i wanted to be Wolverine, can I? Just wondering cause it has a racing title and I don't have any titles. So just wondering.

Thanks.

yes, but im gonna get Wolverine before you can even blink, unless an elite driver picked it.

If I can get into Season 3, defently gonna try out the smaller arenas first.

Question, If I can sign up for S3 and i wanted to be Wolverine, can I? Just wondering cause it has a racing title and I don't have any titles. So just wondering.

Thanks.

yes, but im gonna get Wolverine before you can even blink, unless an elite driver picked it.

All three of these posts are out of line. its pretty clear that the most popular trucks will go to the Elite drivers and their teammate. But If wolverine is still open after that you can pick it. BoomBaby< what you posted was just clutter. No need to spam the thead.

{end mod rate}

• Upvote 2

I appreciate your concern Matt but there is nothing really wrong with any of the posts.

@ MonsterJam1234 aslong as none of the "elite" drivers pick Wolverine its free game to anyone that signs up in in first when Season 3 sign ups open. I however doubt it will be available I can see a few people on the elite list taking it.

@ boombaby your enthusiasm is good, I am unsure if you know MonsterJam1234 and are just ribbing with him or whatever your reason is. I think it would be better reserved for when season 3 actually gets underway

lets get back on track here guys ------->

This season is going to be great. Booking system though, i know i've got to get used to it. Also, here's another piece of advice. Along with everyone "choosing wisely"(Thanks to Josh Rhodes for the advice!) for the events, make sure to keep track of what events you are doing, just to make sure you either don't forget or get confused.

I really like the sound of this whole team thing. I had the same idea a few days ago with kind of the same concept, but couldn't figure it all out completely. As my sig says, Maybe I'll win ONE event. As a ROR veteran, I still find that kinda far fetched. I'm always aiming to step up my game, but I just haven't gotten the right trucks as of late. I loved Carolina Crusher even though I only drove it to the fullest once, but The Fox and Avenger have had their own set of flaws. You REALLY gotta choose wisely. I'd reccomend people get to know some of the trucks before taking their pick instead of just choosing what sounds pretty good. People had better be wise behind the wheel. With this whole new and improved physics for the trucks, you may not be able to pull out of as many crazy situations as before.

I'm not the best, but I'll always be doing the best I can whether I'm aiming to win or not. I'm not a push-over or a jobber.

I have a few questions if you could answer them for us Dig.

1. Will the "Elite" drivers be able to pick any truck they want or will there be a set list to choose from?

2. If I were to pick a Feld truck (ex. Wolverine) would I be able to choose the team truck/driver with it when I pick mine (ex. Grinder)?

• Upvote 1

1. Will the "Elite" drivers be able to pick any truck they want or will there be a set list to choose from?

They will be able to choose from the list(Which is what the list is for really) but if that driver chooses they will be able to pick from outside the list.

2. If I were to pick a Feld truck (ex. Wolverine) would I be able to choose the team truck/driver with it when I pick mine (ex. Grinder)?

Elite drivers who pick a Feld owned and operated truck will have that option. Every other team will be set by officials.