New body for Traxxas Monster Jam trucks!

JDeezie82

none yet but im hoping soon..i will order 2 or 3 of these to put on my digger..1 to trash, 1 for display when its not being ran and maybe a backup bash body....will do the same if they release the green one as well oh and a light set for each so im not having to tear the lights out every time i switch the body out between the display body and the bashing bodies

Traxxas Sucks. . .That is all.

\

Josh that is your opinion and i respect that and once i get a job i plan on either having a clod built for me or if i have the time build it my self but traxxas are a lot of fun, they are durable, fast, pretty decent looking and parts are cheap...while clods are nice looking i still think even with one i would still run my traxxas digger and if possible i would put the traxxas digger bodies on my clod once i have one

Josh is right in some aspects. As far as durability, Traxxas vehicles are tough, but on the other hand, their target demographic is more towards younger kids. And on top of that they dominate the market. In my opinion I think the Monster Jam "replicas", if we can truly call them that, are for the lack of a more appropriate word crap. The trucks are 2wd and are independent suspension. Two main things that their real life counterparts are not. This was probably done to keep costs down and make the trucks easier to operate and maintain for their demographic, kids. Don't get me wrong though, as an owner of a Traxxas E-Maxx myself I can say that they are tough vehicles, easy to maintain, and parts for them are readily accessible, but as far as realism and true to scale goes, I would've loved if HPI had gotten the license to do the replicas. My Wheely King is hands down a better looking replica of a real life monster. I know you Clod guys will most likely chime in and say that the King is crap too, but for the price point and the realistic look you can't beat it. I for one love the work I've seen on many Clods, but some of us can't afford to drop that kind of money into a truck. My solution for keeping costs low and still having great realism? Buy a Wheely King and put a Traxxas replica body on it. So with all that said, yes I think the Traxxas replicas are crap realistic wise, but you have to appreciate the fact that someone is finally making the trucks that we enjoy and have wanted to see in a "store bought" version for a long time.

Traxxas is my favorite brand by far. I worked in a hobby shop for a few years and their customer service is the best, their durable, any hobby shop still in business will have parts for them and also I can still get parts for any of their legacy models. I do agree about the Monster Jam replica Stampedes even though they were awesome vehicles for their time. You couldn't get a better 1/10 scale monster truck back when they came out. Still I wish they would build an 1/8 or 1/10 scale solid axle Monster Truck like the clod only a modern version. They've been sponsoring monster trucks for a while with no signs of stopping so they should really do a realistic one. I would have preferred a solid axle truck of some kind over the XO-1. That car is just to say they have the fastest RTR out there. Other than that it's pointless. The dragsters are cool but only good in a straight line. I would probably buy one of these Digger replicas just for the fact that my 25+ vehicle collection doesn't include a Stampede yet. I've always wanted one but just never bought one.

• Upvote 1

you can beat the living snot out of a traxxas vehicle.. but other than that they arent all that great.. yeah the revo dominated the 10th scale nitro monster trucks for a while other than that they havent updated it much..

I know you Clod guys will most likely chime in and say that the King is crap too

Quite the opposite. I love the Wheelie King trucks. I actually had one before i built up my clods. They are fun trucks to mess around with. Yes, you can beat the living snot out of a traxxas vehicle. Go to an off road RC race though and see how many of them are actually racing though. Traxxas stuff is basically beginner gear. The absolute main reason i hate Traxxas though is the fact that basically stole the idea of Short Course trucks from Thundertech. Thundertech came out with a two wheel drive short course kit truck. It was debuted at IHobby the first year i went. The guys from Traxxas, along with people from HPi, etc all test drove those trucks. Then the next year, all of a sudden Traxxas comes out with the Slash RTR and all the people that were going to invest in Thundertech's truck backed out. Its inevitable they would have people come out with their own version of the truck, however because of what the people at Traxxas did it basically bankrupted Thundertech, who also happen to supply some of the best quality clod parts available.

The people at Traxxas aren't stupid either. They saw how popular the Monster Truck portion of the IHobby shows were and once they got the License to produce Monster Jam truck bodies, they jumped at the chance. The problem i have with them though, is that with all the money backing them they still can't even attempt to make a solid axle Monster Truck. Why? HPI Did it, and did it well with the 12th scale Wheelie King. I thnk instead they'd rather put all their money behind a car that can go 100mph that only rich people can afford, instead of putting the work into a Monster Truck that would cost about a third of that if they built it right.

Again I agree with you Josh. In my opinion the Slash and Slayer trucks are just another example of the target demographic. I love my Blitz because it's both a great basher and comparable racer. In relation to monsters, I remember a few years ago the only option for a scale solid axle truck was the Kyosho Mad Force, but to me the closest thing so far has been the King, and throwing on the longer links from the crawler kit, a 1/10th body, and a sway bar setup make for an even more scale monster.

Again I agree with you Josh. In my opinion the Slash and Slayer trucks are just another example of the target demographic. I love my Blitz because it's both a great basher and comparable racer. In relation to monsters, I remember a few years ago the only option for a scale solid axle truck was the Kyosho Mad Force, but to me the closest thing so far has been the King, and throwing on the longer links from the crawler kit, a 1/10th body, and a sway bar setup make for an even more scale monster.

No experience with RC MJ or anything else RC related other than a RC air-soft Hummer. However, I'm all for MJ R/C trucks as long as they are realistic of course. :)

Traxxas, the only part I have from them on my trucks is body clips, and thats because I got them for free. Traxxas is cookie cutter, every truck or car they have made shares the same basic layout with other vehicals

2wd, slash, bandit, stampede, rustler, monster jam. are all the same , body and shock changes i guess, lots of creativity there. Deign is like 10 years old

4wd slash, stampede (this should be the new 2wd pretty soon)

4wd Fake Monster truck revo, summit (only thing thats cool is the catlivers other then that yawn)

4wd piece of crap buggy thing called a monster truck, emaxx, tmaxx (the worst "monster Truck" on the market the HPI savage has owned it since its creation)

ALL the 1/16 trucks cars, rally, ken block, summit, revo, monster jam, and other BS(like the 2wds just smaller cant wait to see a drag version LOL im sure that will come soon)

Fast things that are useless X0-1 and the new dragster(said to share many parts)(stupid, if you have 1,000 why not get a hpi baja, its bigger, stronger and can do more then just go straight)

when they come out with 5 vehicals that do not share the same design as another truck ill consider them a good radio control comapny, till then there just a bakery adding M&Ms and chocolate chips to cookies.

HPI is the better brand, they put actual thought into new vehicals so that 20/30 trucks arnt all the same truck with a different body.