Help me get into the Sim-Monsters racing scene.

Dozia

Question

I have downloaded basically everything on the website and I have been playing offline by myself for about 6 months. I have also watched almost every video on Youtube of every RoR Monster Truck series. And now I'm at the point where I want to get in to the sim-monsters competitive scene and start racing and freestyling with everyone in these events that I see on Youtube. I can record my screen and I have stellar graphics. I just need someone to explain to me how I can get into any events and how I play online with people for these events? I have a high end gaming computer so I can download anything that needs to be downloaded for me to be able to ge into some Monster Jam Series. I just need someone to tell me what I need to do. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Wait.......... Most people who run offical events are busy with life or v4, some KOTH events are run here and there.

Basically there will be a qualifying period where anybody/ everybody runs for time and basically the fastest 20 in most cases make the field, the rest do not race, so really its only the best. You qualify by IMing the race director and asking to qualify, he then puts you in "line" to qualify, when its your turn he will send you the server ip and port(its private servers) you then enter game select truck/ track and qualify.

Then when you make the big show you will get a chat invite(for racers only) and sirt in chat, have a drivers meeting where you can ask question about the racing course, they will then "call" you in game one pair at a time for racing. Then after racing we go to freestyle, have a normaly brief meting about no backflips or stupid crap and start Fs by calling us in one at a time in till the event is over.

A good way to get your feet wet, and prepare you the big league, is to join in on the "fun run" events that people post about on here. Also if you're looking to just mess around with folks online, there are usually people on the cifpo server all the time. Do you know how to get online and join the servers?

Alright thanks for the info Stephen.

And no I don't know how to join servers..

Well to join the cifpo server go to rorconfig select the network tab and press update;now click the blue underlined link entitled cifpo server 1 hit save and play and it will connect you to the server;I dont know if you meant how to join fun run servers or actual events;just trying to be helpful :)

So it sounds to me like I have to basically just wait for someone to post on Sim-Monsters when the next event will be, then try to qualify?

And I joined that Cifpo server easily with no issues so thanks, but it would be kinda nice to get into to some Fun Run severs. How would I do that?

So it sounds to me like I have to basically just wait for someone to post on Sim-Monsters when the next event will be, then try to qualify?

And I joined that Cifpo server easily with no issues so thanks, but it would be kinda nice to get into to some Fun Run severs. How would I do that?

Sometimes Cifpo is the server you run on for a fun run;To run a fun run using Cifpo just give the person who is holding the event your real name,AIM name, and truck you want to run and reply it on the post inside of the fun runs;For example Andrew Marsh is holding a fun run in San Antonio 2011 in a few days so on that page just leave your truck AIM name and real name on there;But a bunch of people now are making their own server through hamachi and other places.The good thing about your own server is that only you and the person you are using it with are on it so its your own personal server and will run with less lag than the public server;to access a hamachi server just download hamachi and then type in the Port # and password that the person gives you to connect to the server