Thinking of getting a Traxxas Monster Jam truck

Thargo

Well a MJ stampede is around 225....if you get a normal stampede and then a MJ body your looking around 250 for the truck and body then like 10 more dollars for the narrower body mounts the bodys use

about the same price? For the stampede 4x4 vs a normal stampede.. your joking right? a monster jam edition stampede costs roughly 225.. a normal stampede 4x4 is roughly 400.. I had the ungrateful experience of owning and maintaining the stampede 4x4, let me tell you, even with the basic NiMH battery it was the single worst rc truck i've EVER owned.. I've owned some duratrax's and redcat racing vehicles that were more reliable than my pede 4x4. i just kept on breaking the electronics, and i never got them wet or anything, and it kept on snapping half shafts. although Traxxas's customer service rocks.. haha stick with the HPI guys and save up and buy a wheelie king at the very least. i own the Savage flux HP, that is an amazing piece of engineering.

I was just sharing my opinion. I personally think that TRAXXAS is a great brand because of the Slash.

Well a MJ stampede is around 225....if you get a normal stampede and then a MJ body your looking around 250 for the truck and body then like 10 more dollars for the narrower body mounts the bodys use

Problem with that is, I don't think that the hobby shop here sells those anymore, they have the new Traxxas Monster Jam trucks, but i'm not too sure about the Stampede or even the Wheely King, i'll give them a call and find out some more.

Sometimes you'd save money just ordering online. Tower Hobbies has deals all the time where they'll take off certain amounts if you speed over so much. Also check around online. Not sure if RPP Hobby has them or not but they usually have better prices and deals too.

really your hobby shop doesnt have the normal stampedes? I would check again they made a brushless version of the stampede for i think 300 and a nitro version for like 4 something then the normal for 200 i think and the MJ version for 225

Just letting you know that you shouldn't count the Wheely King out. It's a great beginner truck too. Have a look.

http://www.hpiracing...kitinfo/106173/

So the Wheelie King is waterproof now... Another reason for me to update mine..

It's a great truck, really fun to drive, but it can be hard to get parts for it sometimes...

really your hobby shop doesnt have the normal stampedes? I would check again they made a brushless version of the stampede for i think 300 and a nitro version for like 4 something then the normal for 200 i think and the MJ version for 225

Yeah i'll check again, do the MJ stampedes have 4WD? Couldn't find anything on the internet.

That's what throwing me off, 2WD, I mean if my hobby shop has the Wheely king and a MJ body, i'm getting the Wheely King, but if not I might just go with the regular Traxxas Monster Jam truck.

Okay, my local hobby shop doesn't have the Wheely King in stock, but it has the Traxxas trucks in stock, so i'm probably going to get one of those and move up in a year or two, thank you everyone for the help. :)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...