Show Your Projects Chapter 16!

JoshDIGRhodes

The mapping on that is all just project from view, which means the paint is distorted, the AO bake is confused and the UV seams are really obvious. Plus the curve transitions between the hood/sides looks really flat, the actual things was just an amass of round shapes coming together. The base colour scheme appears to be wrong as well, most of the colours on the original was an assortment of oranges and yellows, with a lot of brushfades which transitioned really well, and there wasn't any red in the base coat at all, just rather dark orange. And you appear to have missed the 'secondary' 3d flames that ride under the ones that're already there.

Also you've forgotten to shade the flames

at 4:50 you can see that the flames on the hood have airbrushed undershading for defintion.

and i'm not sure what's going on with those rooflights, but the're rather disproportionate and have no detail at all

okay this is ending now, this is a post your projects thread, move forward as such. Any more posts pertaining to this arguement will be deleted

Harlow has always been known for his exasperating view on modeling, that's fine, some people cant handle his rather black/white view, some cant.

you can only bash your head against a wall for so long...

if i could, i'd just like to close by saying that eric, instead of actually reading my post for content, you appear to have just read it for the sake of finding an argument against me, which is kind of proving my 'cult of stagnation' point.

And really, i'm not trying to talk down to anyone, i'm really not. I just want to help, and really, i'm offering tutorials and help from the point of a soon to be professional modeller. And i'm not entirely sure why people are telling me off for it. I see potential here. i see the space for a truely fantastic community filled with great ideas and fantastic creations, but as it is, it's not going to happen unless there's a big change.

• Upvote 6

In my haste to edit it, I deleted it. Its hard to try and tidy up with people still carrying on and I am barely able to sit down for 5 minutes because of how sick I am.

Now the comment comparing this community to the westboro baptist church was ill-advised and regardless of whatever your intention was with bringing them into the said subject was not needed.

Just as much as the other bonehead that is associated with you guys hoping onto a proxy to fuel the fire was just a bonus wasn't it?

Listen I have never had a personal issue with you Harlow since I have known you, your view and opinion on things are very cut and dry. I am sure your screen name has just as much to do with the dislike you receive but at the same time, I have been in public/private online servers where you openly bashed basically every truck that you spawn in with. Never once have I heard anything positive come from you about others work, (this does not include the stuff I show you on AIM).

The other side of the coin is you have shown and taught me so much about modelling that I was actually able to attempt making a body that was not a complete box. I will always be grateful for the help you have provided to me personally.

I wont lie, right now is getting beyond strained to deal with the amount of BS from either side of this ridiculous community. I really try to be as neutral as possible and not stray too far left or right in terms of extreme but with the personal health issues I am dealing with, the undue drama of this site and the constant bickering of everyone....

It's time to scale back and disappear for a bit.

• Upvote 6

Well alright, i'm sorry to be so high and mighty, and the westbrougough bit wasn't comparing cultures, it was comparing psycological patterns, and i figured it'd be the only good waypoint that everyone would know of, since most folks don't read up on doctorate thesis's about sociology.

All in all, i'm just trying to help, because i see a great thing tarnished here, and that's all i oughta say apparently.

And the member title was just a joke me and ethan had one night while working on conceptual stuff for a few projects of mine, jus' sayin'

In my haste to edit it, I deleted it. Its hard to try and tidy up with people still carrying on and I am barely able to sit down for 5 minutes because of how sick I am.

Now the comment comparing this community to the westboro baptist church was ill-advised and regardless of whatever your intention was with bringing them into the said subject was not needed.

Just as much as the other bonehead that is associated with you guys hoping onto a proxy to fuel the fire was just a bonus wasn't it?

Listen I have never had a personal issue with you Harlow since I have known you, your view and opinion on things are very cut and dry. I am sure your screen name has just as much to do with the dislike you receive but at the same time, I have been in public/private online servers where you openly bashed basically every truck that you spawn in with. Never once have I heard anything positive come from you about others work, (this does not include the stuff I show you on AIM).

The other side of the coin is you have shown and taught me so much about modelling that I was actually able to attempt making a body that was not a complete box. I will always be grateful for the help you have provided to me personally.

I wont lie, right now is getting beyond strained to deal with the amount of BS from either side of this ridiculous community. I really try to be as neutral as possible and not stray too far left or right in terms of extreme but with the personal health issues I am dealing with, the undue drama of this site and the constant bickering of everyone....

It's time to scale back and disappear for a bit.

You just said everything I was thinking of saying. Kudos to you sir and I hope you get better soon.

Sounds sorta like my life...