Show Your Projects Chapter 16!

JoshDIGRhodes

Here's a little teaser for something that is cooking in Blender. And I promise you that it won't disappoint. ;):ph34r:

yay its the superdome great job rockcrwlr your a boss it looks like the real thing your awsome

im starting my own liltle project and its gonna be grave digger 3 i hope u like it even thogh i have no idea what im doing it ill start posting pics when i get blender to work

Well here's another for the "better in my head" pile

i was looking through areo liner steam locomotives. like the S1/2 or the T1 4-4-4-4's, the old new york world fair stuff and such, and then this thing jumped out at me.

Crusader.jpg

The Pennsylvania rail crusader. Which ran a twice daily express run from new york to somewhere else that doesn't matter because i can't remember it during the 30's and 40's before being scrapped in fifty something.

i couldn't let that one go.

Escaladeblend-2.png

failiure.png

So yeah, if i tried to make it minorly realistic, it just looks like a Budd DC.

if i go the "Higher education" route, it's just plain wrong.

In either case, the pure shape of the cab rails simply distort the shape, ruining the effect and the distinguishing lines. i would've carved out a windshield and had the "cab" from the steam train be faux air intakes that modify the roofline from behind the current terminus. but those would both further the "diesel" look. I also wanted to have the side sills come in and bend into the hood lines like a '32 ford full fender, but that just didn't work.

oh well. Throw it on the failure pile

• Upvote 9