Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2013

Roach

One question: are you guys trying to get into the business? You know so much! I looked at that and said "Doi, it's a shot of the chassis!"

I definitely am. I'm trying to gain as much knowledge from everyone here as possible. xD

I think the Monster Mutt chassis suits Rod's driving style better than his Digger did.  I got to see that live and it was awesome.  Greg has really been stepping up in Crustation this year and I look forward to seeing more of this kind of driving out of him.  He really impressed me in Detroit in January and I thought his score was kind of low for what he did.  I've really enjoyed all the promoters shows this season and can't wait to see what's going on with the jamborees this summer.

Just found another reason to love CVH.

During the New Orleans intros, Shock Therapy broke and halted the entire pack from completing their laps. At around 1:35 you can see Grave Digger cutting through the course and getting in front of the pack to lead them to complete the intros. Pretty cool.

actually the body is smaller tubing with sheet metal apparently, the overall PEI frame is still the same. even bobbed like a real offroad trail truck would be, dunno why but ya, body does looks a touch too small

Posted on monster jams facebook,"We have BIG news about Monster Jam World Finals in 2014! Monster Jam World Finals will expand to a two-day format in 2014, with the Racing Championship on Friday, March 21 and Freestyle Championship on Saturday, March 22. You'll also get to see the field expand to 32 Monster Jam trucks! Get more info here: http://shout.lt/gF1P". WTF!

I'm not sure if this is true or not. I mean he just got this chassis.

Monster trucks aren't cheap. They are a money pit, and one of the worst investments you can make. You will never get your money back on one. The only reason guys like kolher, smith, and Moore can stay in the sport is because they have a business on the side that pays for it. People get in and out of the industry all the time because they quickly lose all there money on up keep, plus transportation costs.

Posted on monster jams facebook,"We have BIG news about Monster Jam World Finals in 2014! Monster Jam World Finals will expand to a two-day format in 2014, with the Racing Championship on Friday, March 21 and Freestyle Championship on Saturday, March 22. You'll also get to see the field expand to 32 Monster Jam trucks! Get more info here: http://shout.lt/gF1P". WTF!

Actually, call me crazy, but i'm actually looking forward to that. Even the fact that I am going to the World Finals next year means that I get to see that whole new setup in person. Now i'm even more excited for going to the World Finals next year.

Monster trucks aren't cheap. They are a money pit, and one of the worst investments you can make. You will never get your money back on one. The only reason guys like kolher, smith, and Moore can stay in the sport is because they have a business on the side that pays for it. People get in and out of the industry all the time because they quickly lose all there money on up keep, plus transportation costs.

Almost every independent team has a full-time business behind the monster trucks, pretty much seems to be the only way it will work out...I actually can't think of any off the top of my head that don't have some sort of business.