Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2013

Roach

That was the BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! I was late getting in cause i was waiting for my brother and missed 3/8 wheelies, but it was awesome! Digger won all 3 trophies. Friggin Detour comes out for freestyle, hits the stepup crooked, lands on his side, breaks the tire rod and flips it. And Scott Buetow comes out and on his third hit does the most wicked sky wheelie you'll ever see in an arena, lands on the rear, breaks the steer and lands sideways. I got my sign signature'd by all drivers after the show. Scott was telling me when i got there, which was about 30 minutes after his wreck the truck was fixed already. And i got to shake Charlie Pauken's hand. BEST DAY EVER. Bar none!

• Upvote 1

(Sorry if this is a little TL;DR)

A three show weekend here at the Roanoke Civic Center sure was an exciting one! The trucks featured were: Grave Digger driven by Randy Brown, AAP Grinder driven by John Seasock, Superman driven by Joey Parnell, El Toro Loco driven by Becky McDonough, Shock Therapy driven by Jeremy Brady, Ground Punder driven by Steven Hill, Mountaineer driven by R.B Moler, and Shockwave driven by Bill Braukman!

Starting off with Friday evening. John Seasock in Grinder took the win in Wheelies with a 25. John also took the win in Racing, beating Randy Brown in Grave Digger. Randy would get his revenge in freestyle though, taking the win with a 24.

Now on to Saturday afternoon. After an awesome pit party, the seats were filled and ready for another exciting show. Starting the show off, Joey Parnell wins the Wheelie Competition with a 25. Racing came down to Jeremy Brady in Shock Therapy and John Seasock in AAP Grinder, with John taking the win yet again. Freestyle brought some troubles for a couple of trucks, Joey Parnell in Superman suffering electrical issues, and Steven Hill in Ground Pounder suffering with battery issues. Randy Brown in Grave Digger would take the win with a 24.

Lastly, Saturday evening. The trucks had cooled down enough and the Civic Center was again packed and ready for another great show! Joey Parnell in Superman again took the win in Wheelies with a 23. Racing came down to two big name trucks in the Monster Jam world, Grave Digger and Grinder. Randy Brown in Grave Digger would take the win over John Seasock in Grinder. Fans anxiously waiting for some off the hook freestyles got their wish! John Seasock took the win in AAP Grinder, scoring a 25.

With FELD wanting to keep their title sponsor Advanced Auto Parts, they know they have to put on a good show here in a tiny arena in Roanoke, VA. Needless to say, they did not disappoint!

(I should totally write show reviews for monster truck shows for a living. This was fun.)

• Upvote 1

There was too Much crashes in Atlanta. Wrecking Crew Wrecked 2 times lol, and Madusa Flipped on a car in racing then in Freestyle Weelied all the way to Ice Cream man and Just tore it with the right front wheel lol.

Yeah I was honestly let down this year. That's not to say the drivers didn't give it their all, they did but so much bit them last night and there was only a few big highlights.

Also I find it ironic how Madusa goes on a big USA! MURICA! spiel when she was born in Italy....