Show Your Projects Chapter 20!

Klayton

I'm sorry, but i guarantee if anyone but myself had made that comment, they would not be hounded.

What? Honestly one of the things we all have been severely lacking is being able to respect each other and offer constructive criticisms to better not only ourselves but our current and future projects and the game as a whole which is one of the reasons MTM2 still isn't totally dead. Not everyone is gong to sugarcoat it and they shouldn't at all, it's like anyone is telling any of us you need to make this exactly like this or it won't ever work or look nice, if you don't want any of that type of feedback then the best advice any of us can give to you or anyone else is to not post it if you're afraid someone might point out every tiny flaw they see.

• Upvote 1

One more word Roach. I just wanted to say, i have been in a bad habit of getting off topic and into fights on this forum, specifically, this thread, and i wanted to apologize for that. This thread is NOT  place for arguements, and neither is sim-monster altogether. It's just aggravating sometimes. I'll try very hard to stop that.

Back on topic, The Captain looks amazing roosterroach! I've wanted to see the updated body for about a year now. THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT! The pacific northwest is thankful and proud!

(Wow, did it seriously censor that to rooster? Ok then......)

It is amazing to me how seriously some people take this game, I wonder why there are so many secrets involved in this game too. Sorry to get off topic again but it is a bit ridiculous, not all of you do it, but a big part I do not understand is why do some people make a truck or track, show it to everyone knowing someones going to want it but then not share it and get mad at people for constantly asking for he or she to release something. I know it is annoying for some but what is the point of putting time into something and not sharing it for everyone to use? I know if I made something I would share it. I guess I understand if it is a work in progress and you dont want it out until it is done.. for example the v4 pack but I hate how I am personally given something special not to be publicly released yet which has happened a lot and I am told I can't share or tell anyone that I have it, or if someone else is given a special truck and I can't have it. Why can't I have it? I respect you all but I still do not understand why. I am not talking about anyone specifically. But it does happen and I think it is kind of strange. It is just a game and we all should all contribute to it and instead of keeping secrets or allowing some people to have certain trucks but other people cant why cant we all work on building this community together instead of just a small group of people? Some of you won't understand what I am trying to say and some might take offense but oh well. Just think about the request forum, I look through it and MAYBE 2 or 3 of those requested trucks have actually been released. Some are requested and made but then not released because some of you just like to keep things to yourself. I guess I am not one to talk but I just view some of it as stupid. You might think this is my way of trying to get you or convince you to release your projects to me but no it is not. And I know a lot of you say "Well make your own truck if you want it that bad" Well some of us try and can't. We are not all capable of doing it. I have tried A LOT to make my own trucks and tracks and I understand it is difficult. Some of us can't because of the free time we have. I barely have time as I am on the road with a monster truck team almost all of the time working and fixing TWO trucks that almost constantly break or need improvement. So just think about it and maybe quit keeping so many secrets from this community because I KNOW there are stuff in this game being hidden for no reason at all except that the person just doesn't feel like sharing and it is absolutely childish. Also on the deal with what RKM said, it is a shame some people don't want to make or release stuff because of criticism. IT'S A GAME! I had someone honor a specific request of mine and spend 3 HOURS making it. I loved it! But it was recently shown on here in this forum and was heavily criticized for things that shouldn't even matter. It will never stop happening unfortunately but just appreciate that it was made for once. I was even told specifically by someone that is VERY skilled at making trucks that they don't like to release replicas anymore because of the stupid criticism for every little detail. It sucks because this forum needs more replicas and now that is one less and probably more less people making and contributing. Like I said I would and still will try to contribute but I have a lot of real world monster truck stuff to deal with... Now... Back on topic.

BACK ON TOPIC GUISE.

Very nice Roach! I am going to show this to Trav and Ty when we work on the trucks Monday. They have played with the original DT that you released and have enjoyed it! They would be glad to see this one!

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I don't know how you all have the time to make all this stuff. I have been working with blender here and there, I am good with computers, and just can't get the hang of it. Good job all you track and truck makers, my hats off to ya! My band life keeps me really busy, put I hope to be able to contribute someday. And if I get critisiezed on my work, please know that I will take it constructively. I know its not a "thank you" thread, but after seeing what I saw, I felt that "thank you's" were in order. I can't imagine how much time, work, and precision you all put into this, but it all looks great! Also thanks to the the site staff for keeping this a friendly invironment.

• Upvote 1

*SO MANY WORDS*

It's the criticism on the small things (that do actually matter) that helps make a product perfect or near perfect. And if the one person who told you isn't making trucks anymore because someone commented on a small thing that needed to be worked on, then they don't need to be making anything. Don't expect to make something and not get criticism on it.