Show Your Projects Chapter 20!

Klayton

Yeah, Baja bodies are pretty hard to work with. Also, if you look closely at destroyer you can see that there are skulls on it. As for Double Trouble, it was difficult to find the right type of green to use so I chose the one that seemed closest.

Harlow, for once can you just look at something and say "Nice work" or "Glad to see new people contributing"? The criticism is far too much lately. I said in an earlier comment i appreciate the criticism you give most times, but it is just annoying when you point out small things 24/7. I haven't seen anyone else attempt those trucks. Cut John here some slack.

Actually I thought he was quite constructive, he didn't just say "Looks sh!t" and left it at that, he added what he thought was wrong. People post their things here mainly to get constructive criticism, Harlow just cuts to the chase rather than beat around the bush like everyone else. Honestly that is the type of criticism I would like to get.

• Upvote 7

So you'd rather the small stuff be overlooked? Those small errors could be a glaring problem to some. I'd rather Harlow, or anyone else point out errors/flaws in exacting detail. If you're going to put out a product, and make it as best as you possibly can, then you have to be open to criticism of all types and forms and be willing to have someone point those errors out to you. It may come off as abrasive, or rude. Rather I think it's straight forward and to the point.

Also, anyone can say "duuude that trackz is awsum cant waiit fore itz". If anything, while complimentary, it can come off as dismissive. That's why with as many beta requests that I get sometimes, I limit the betas I give out on my work because I know who will go into detail to provide me with the type of analysis I am seeking and who will just say "great work, good job".

And while I'm not meaning to completely bash you down (that is not the intent of this post), if you don't like what someone has to say, then don't read what they have to say.

• Upvote 3

Very nice work John!

But (There's alwayas a but)

The name on Destroyer looks to be a little too sharp. I'd suggest lightly blurring the edges of the letters, or try messing with the saturation to clear up all the blue and purple around them.

Hot shoe, Track looks great as well. I'd just be concerned about the high amount of verts around the pile of cars for the stunt car to jump into. Looks like it'd be lag city for some people with lower powered computers. Of course, I could be wrong as I have no clue how you made it. Just looks to me like there would be a hell of a lot of unnecessary verts.

And to add my name to the pot, I for one would rather have constructive criticism than a casual "oh it looks good" and no one ever gives it a second thought. If there's something I can fix that I might have missed or just impove on, I wanna know it, dammit! Or if you've got a suggestion to make it look better, same thing! Sure, I may get mad if it turns out to be really frustrating, but I'll be thankful if it looks better in the end. And what was I talking about???

Speaking of, would anyone mind beta testing Outrage some for me? I like it, but I'd like the opinion of someone who has more seat-time than I do. Just shoot me a PM or HMU on AIM and I'll get it to ya soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

Guess What? More props!!

We have some good ones today, first off!

Advance Auto Parts PVC Pipe Banner:

aapbanner_zpsa932057e.png

Next, My personal favorite, the FMX ramp!

fmxhill_zps69b0d5a1.png

Let's see how they look on Charleston 2013!

aapfmx_zpsd37b0124.png

Yes, I know you don't use an FMX Ramp on a step up, but I wanted to see if it was sized right.

I hope to use these on upcoming tracks

• Upvote 11

A closer look at the skulls on Destroyer.

The name could definitely use some work and perhaps the flames around it too, personally I would redraw the name in Photoshop so that it's nice and crisp whereas yours looks more like it was copied from a medium to small resolution photo.

I see your High Roller, I did one up awhile back but never released it body even looks the same and I still have the psd. http://www.hostingbytes.us/images/3/9061110.png do whatever you want with it just add my name to the credits is all I ask if you (or anyone else) uses it.

• Upvote 3