League Idea

Metallica530

I've been running in ORL for the past few weeks and it's great fun bring able to compete but, I can never seem to make it into anything no matter how fast I drive the truck. This left me with an idea. I'm still pretty new here, and I absolutly love cometition, in a fun way, if I can ever get into it. So, what if there was a league where all the young guns of Sim Monsters could battel it out? Lets cace it, nobody likes racing a Colinari or ARF or anyone whos been around for awhile, because they almost surely get knocked out in the blink of an eye. I feel this "Young Guns League" would give the new guys a sense of actual compotition other than the generic CIFPO fun run. And maybe, this could even be taped to help get some of these up and coming guys get their names out there.

Just my own idea that I think would work really well.

Any suggestions or constructive criticism on this topic is encouraged, and I hope a few of you at least will see this as I do.

question on how you would screen people though, I mean I am a perfect example of someone who has been around since RORMJ (if any of your newer guys knew about that site) and just generally dabbled with modelling but has only made it into 10-12 legitimate events. Would I be exempt from racing this possible league? just curious is all, I mean I am not against a "noob" ran and populated league but then by your own admission eventually you would contradict your own stipulations within a year.

food for thought

Good point Outlawed. Perhaps a stipulation on say wins or events won. Maybe this could work:

Say ORL runs an event and 35 guys try to make it in, and the 20th fastest do. Perhaps the 15 that didn't get in could possibly run a "No Show Event". (Starting to see how this would turn into a normal league in months.)

I like this.  Since i have been around with an account and actively posting since day 8 of the first RORMJ form (suprised?)  But iv never run any organized event.  Iv played online maybe 2 or 3 times on the concrete tracks when they were new...