Show Your Projects Chapter 22!

Klayton

Being that there are too many verts and faces on the face, why not make a 2d version with just a paint of the face on the side.

Because that would be awful and render everything moot.

Just because some people around here try to run ROR on apparent coalfire powered brazen brass victorian calculation machines doesn't mean i should bend over backwards just to make them and their Pentium III happy

Hey harlow, im painting/painted the original max d already,(just waiting for the final update to finish it off and all) ill paint the yours too if you want ill be on at friday, PM on here if your interested :)

and im pretty sure everyone can i agree with me here, but i have quit the experience painting rather difficult trucks, so max do shouldn't be a problem

Sounds good, but i want to have a final go around with it, and i'd like it done in as many layers as is possible for maximum fidelity

why not get rid of the sparklers you modeled into the tubes. Thery just ad to the vert count anyways and are completely useless in ror.

Because they're just six vert tubes. They add 200 faces at the most, and in the face (ahar) of 16,000 other faces, it's really just kind of inconsequential

• Upvote 1

i have a verry rubbish pc in turms of capability but would rather have an awsome looking maxd than a poor 2d one if need be i'll get my wallet out again but don't down grade some thing you just spent so long uprating in the first place just seems mad :mellow:

• Upvote 3

I like you, not a luddite by any stretch.

Besides, most of the processor power in ROR goes to the physics calculations, not the graphics. And all in all, 16k isn't too bad for a major star of the screen.

reemixbriefcaseblend_zpsb9182780.png

This is one of the models from max payne 3, and it clocks in at 23,000 faces, for just one object. And concidering that that game

A) Had to run on the Xbox, which claps out at 512 megs of ram and a processor from eight years ago, and

B) it has

going on, 16k is really not much these days, especially on maps where there's literally no scenery or anything more complex than a few hundred poly's worth of dirt and lego cars piled about.

That said, you probably will bugger your graphics pipeline if you put on the 'advanced render' effects and HDR in ROR, because that's as well optimized as a Romanian police bureaucracy, but i found you can just brute force it if your computer's good enough

• Upvote 2

That said, you probably will bugger your graphics pipeline if you put on the 'advanced render' effects and HDR in ROR, because that's as well optimized as a Romanian police bureaucracy, but i found you can just brute force it if your computer's good enough

I seriously just spit water all over my keyboard. xD

Jose, for track paint i would suggest going back with the old MJ paints such as blue and white stacks for ford or other colors.  Red/yellow AAP tracks are boring now :/ not your fault though, blame FELD

ummm. thanks for the heads up. its actually looking more better than being Red/Yellow :P

track_zps41c75eb3.png

uhh.. to child ish ??

childishj_zpsa4562ba0.png

• Upvote 5

gravediggerredone.jpg

Had some fun with a chassis laying around in the chassis pack, and went for the realism. Fire extinguisher, button box, toggle switch, and shifter were made by me! Tachometer was a texture I found on google. Maybe this will be the revamped Grave Digger 2013 for you guys! :D

Edit! Extinguisher, not Hydrant! This is after 7 hours of homework. :P

• Upvote 12