legos?

SybilSixx66

Just curios to know if anyone else still plays with these things or if I'm the only kid-at-heart on here. I still love to mess around with them every so often, keeps my creativity in check and keeps me occupied which is the biggie. I've got pretty good and I could probably give the official design teams a pretty good run given the chance, and enough parts. Has Lego ever come out with a Transformer that you didn't have to take apart to transform? No? I have. Two, in fact.

I mostly build with the Technic/Bionicle stuff now, though I build whatever I feel like to be honest. Just recently I almost build a tube-frame monster truck, but it's already taken apart sadly. (Looked more like an erector-set than real tubing but you get the idea) If anyone cares, I'll see if I can dig up a camera and take some shots of my stuff.

• Upvote 3

I used to play with 'em all the time, but now that I have a dog in the house...yeah. I always used to build small towns or racetracks for the cars that I built, and one time, I remeber my old man built a car garage complete with an engien lift! Shame to tear it appart, it had to be one of the coolest things i've seen with legos.

• 2 weeks later...

I've crossed that scary mark of 30 and I still play with mine....

hotwheels too

Nothing to be ashamed of, my friend. You don't stop playing because you're old, you grow old because you stop playing. 'nuff said.

Still, it is kinda awkward going up to the checkout counter at Wal-Mart with an arm-full of toys and the cashier is not only younger than you, but even had a crush on you at one point...

yes, that has happened to me before.

this is one of many facilities in my basement... its aprox scale 3/16 mi banked dirt oval/figure 8... (still WIP yet to host its first event)

20130404_222707.jpg
currently blocked by furniture as I'm in the middle of a re-arrange... is about 1.25mi Tri Oval with infield/outfield road course and a 2 mi Quad Oval with infield roadcouse and I'll have to re-do my 4 mi road course...

all the tracks are painted on the concrete floor and detailed out fairly well... and I've got half an idea to build a high banked tri oval out of bondo... it'll have an infield road course aswell

Nothing to be ashamed of, my friend. You don't stop playing because you're old, you grow old because you stop playing. 'nuff said.

Still, it is kinda awkward going up to the checkout counter at Wal-Mart with an arm-full of toys and the cashier is not only younger than you, but even had a crush on you at one point...

yes, that has happened to me before.

You could always say they're for a younger relative if they keep staring awkwardly.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

IMG_0030_zps791aa872.jpg

Just a couple of my recent models. Made them out of Bionicle sets that I accumulated over the years. The red one is, as you can tell, incomplete as I need another piece to complete the arm that I just can't find anywhere, except in a massive super-store I keep mysteriously finding myself at in a recurring dream.

• 11 months later...