Double Backflip still not a complete success

monsterjamcod0329

So as we know, what Tom did during the encore was amazing, but it was a successful double backflip. I believe Tom won't stop until he gets it perfect. What do you guys think. This is what I think: The stunt truck needs to be a rear engine truck. The reason is to make the rear rotate as fast as possible. Take a half filled water bottle as an example, turn the bottle upside down and try to flip it from the bottom of the bottle, now put it right side up and try to flip it from the cap, more rotation and faster, same concept needs to be thought with the stunt truck.

he needs to toss his coilover front suspension aswell, rear engine i think would help too. I honestly dont know if the truck can produce enough centrifugal force to rotate it around 720 degrees. but lets be clear, meents did not rotate completely around nor land on his tires so as it stands no one has landed a consecutive double backflip

i see the biggest issue is the horizontal roll, where after the first flip it starts to twist or corkskew, the engines tourqe as it bounces off the limiter is trying to twist the truck around itself, problem is there is no way unless he somehow did a transversely mounted engine that he could get rid or that twist without massive weight gains

I have nothing useful to add other than RoR had predicted it was incredibly hard to do without some side rotation which is what makes it possible...until they find a way to make all 4 wheels spin at the exact same speed without anything interrupting it. I think it possibly but there is not going to be a very high success rate for landing it properly, I also think that a shorter wheelbase may greatly improve that though.

Give it a try and see, Rockstar was the only truck I could land it with at that time as everything else was about a half rotation slower.

I know RoR isn't really a super accurate simulation but it has been interesting seeing so many similar things in Monster Jam so far this year.

until they find a way to make all 4 wheels spin at the exact same speed without anything interrupting it

Getting the tires to spin the same speed is easy to do, spoolling the axle or welding is an easy option. Spools provide 100% power to both tires at all times and are a lower cost alternative to lockers often resulting in better performance than lockers.

• Upvote 1

Would something spinning inside the truck, such as the driveshaft, have anything to do with the rotattion of the truck? With the truck being airborne for so long, something that small might have a differance. Infortunatly, theres no real way of stopping the driveshaft from rotating, at least to keep the truck running.