Korea threatens nuke launch

JJfan48

Well just saw on TV that Korea is threatening a nuke launch.

Only US territory would be Guam and possibly Hawaii.

They say the "Movement of explosion" is near 

From CNN

North Korea stirred up fresh unease in Northeast Asia early Thursday, threatening attacks by a "smaller, lighter and diversified" nuclear force and warning, "The moment of explosion is approaching fast."

The new threat came after the North Koreans locked South Korean workers out of a joint factory complex and announced plans torestart a nuclear reactor it shut down five years ago. Meanwhile, the United States announced it was sending ballistic missile defenses to Guam, a Pacific territory that's home to U.S. naval and air bases.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast. No one can say a war will break out in Korea or not and whether it will break out today or tomorrow," North Korea's state news agency KCNA declared in its latest broadside. "The responsibility for this grave situation entirely rests with the U.S. administration and military warmongers keen to encroach upon the DPRK's sovereignty and bring down its dignified social system with brigandish logic."

130403013832-lklv-lah-skorea-kaesong-accS. Koreans barred from N. Korean complex

130403192843-pkg-lah-war-of-words-for-koCrisis hurts place 2 Koreas work togethe

130403190024-tsr-foreman-korea-war-spideHow Korean war might play ou

130402122127-north-korea-yongbyon-plant-Experts: Reactor can be up in 6 months

DPRK is short for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the official name for North Korea.

Most observers say the North is still years away from having the technology to deliver a nuclear warhead on a missile. U.S. officials have said they see no unusual military movements across the Demilitarized Zone that splits the Korean Peninsula, despite weeks of bombastic rhetoric from Pyongyang, and many analysts say the increasingly belligerent talk is aimed at cementing the authority of the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un.

But the North does have plenty of conventional military firepower, including medium-range ballistic missiles that can carry high explosives for hundreds of miles. And U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday that the North Korean threats to Guam, Hawaii and the U.S. mainland have to be taken seriously.

"It only takes being wrong once, and I don't want to be the secretary of defense who was wrong once," Hagel told an audience at Washington's National Defense University.

But Hagel also said there was still a "responsible" path for the North to take.

"I hope the North will ratchet this very dangerous rhetoric down," Hagel said. "There is a pathway that is responsible for the North to get on a path to peace working with their neighbors. There are many, many benefits to their people that could come. But they have got to be a responsible member of the world community, and you don't achieve that responsibility and peace and prosperity by making nuclear threats and taking very provocative actions."

My history teacher was talking about this earlier today. What he said was that Korea is just given the U.S empty threats to make themselves more powerful through the media and such. He did also say if Korea did attack us and Obama did nothing he might be killed mainly cause the people want to go to war but he does not want to. Honestly I dont know how much of this to believe because he is kinda of a Conspiracy Theorist and says some strange but some of which can happen like saying that the Muslims are trying to take over the internet and such like that and about the New World Order. Just my five cents on this.

My history teacher was talking about that if we did 

They would attack Hawaii, even if Obama rejected we would go after anyways.

Also my dad said Korea has it coming since they have also sunken a South Korean Warship in the past and more.

Its gunna get them sooner or later

Just want to point out that Korea generally refers to the South but could refer to either or both of them but it's not  too commonly used to refer to the North.

119489.jpg

Kidding aside I don't think they (DPRK) would do something as dumb as this when it would likely end all hope of them ever being trusted and would be ultimately lead to them being cut off from most of the world. I would be more worried about them targeting U.S. bases in S.Korea or Japan or major cities in either of those countries before being too worried about them hitting the U.S. mainland...and don't buy into everything the media tells you either it is their job to scare and put fear into people because that is how they earn money. Not saying none of it is true or there is 0.00% chance of something happening because there is always the chance something may happen.

There is no way their nuclear missiles would fly through the air for around 9 hours to reach Hawaii. Guam...Possibly, but, it'd have to be in the air for close to 4 hours. Also, if a North Korean plane were to start heading this way with a nuke on it, it would be intercepted by American fighter jets quicker than two jiggles of a jackrabbits ass. North Korea is all talk on attacking US soil.

If they were to do anything, they would try locating and shooting American nuclear submarines that are stationed in Japan.

North Korea has always made empty threats to the United States and her allies since the ceasefire of the Korean war. Kim Jung Un is a new leader who simply wants to prove himself and the United States has a new Secretary of Defense who refuses to let anything happen which he could be blamed for. The DPRK is at such a disadvantage that even posing to launch a nuclear missile at South Korean, Japanese, or American targets could leave their country in ruin. No one wants a nuclear war, and the UN will fully support whoever steps up to stop North Korea. This is the United States' big chance to prove themself after the controversial invasion of Iraq in my opinion. North Korea is on the verge of committing suicide by threatening the United States. I wouldn't doubt that some of the newer missiles in their inventory could reach Hawaii, and bases in Japan and Guam are definitely in range. The US Navy has many interception resources and a missile launched at US or Japanese bases could most likely be blown out the sky before it can cause any damage.

In the event that North Korea does restart the Korean War, it will be a drain on the world economy and will threaten the safety of millions of people in Southeast Asia. Hopefully the DRPK government will listen to their big brother China and stand down before their country gets glassed.

• Upvote 1

Well attempting to kill thousands or even millions of people in the blink of an eye kinda makes you an a-hole.

Hopefully things cool down soon, it only seems to be escalating by the hour from what media outlets report. Who knows at this point?

• Upvote 1

I just want the UN to essentially say "You know what? loveing try it. launch your missiles and we'll all turn you into a massive radioactive monument to stupidity, not even loveing china will back you any more, pack that poo in and call it a day you massive assbags"

of course this will never happen, but i can dream