Tips for getting a Great Qualifying Pass.

Team Destruction

Question

8 answers to this question

Before I qualify, I run 3-5 passes that I feel are consistent. I go in and qualify. Before the pass, I just try not to think about it. It is sort of like bowling in a way (go ahead, laugh all you want, but it is true) the more you think about it, the more likely you are to screw it up. Just calmly make a lap like you are in there by yourself. 

Before I qualify, I run 3-5 passes that I feel are consistent. I go in and qualify. Before the pass, I just try not to think about it. It is sort of like bowling in a way (go ahead, laugh all you want, but it is true) the more you think about it, the more likely you are to screw it up. Just calmly make a lap like you are in there by yourself.

Hmmmm... I'll try the next time I qualify for something.

Yeah I agree with Mark. Stay calm and just go with the flow. After practicing the track before qualifying, racing the course might seem to feel like second nature. You will know when to turn, brake, throttle etc.. without even thinking too hard about it.

Its a tough deal, I know from season 2 I had a pain of a time trying to qualify into events (this is why I believe in events that are just sign up and race or leagues that do a booking style system). The only thing I can say is to make sure you are cutting your corners as tight as possible to the cars, poles, etc while maintaining a decent amount of speed. I have ran my fastest when I focused more on a clean tight corner then trying to carry as much speed as possible through a corner. My biggest hurdle currently is to stop worrying about who is in the other lane, everyone and their dog seem to be fast these days (minus 1 or 2 super fast and consistent people), I end up over thinking and mess up.

• Upvote 1

i agree with everything said. Just practice the track and when you go to qualify just relax and dont be competitive trying to be faster then the other guy (or anyone else) and just run a clean run and even though you may think your run was slow a good run usually does seem slow at first (Learned that from Forza)

Definatly and issue im faced with in ORL. The only event ive qualifyed for was the Christmas Village event, but i couldnt run due to tech problems. Totally agree with Mark on keeping your cool, and im also with Outlawed. I pike booking events because your garenteed to participate, not get beaken down by guys who know what their doing every single night.

I'd have to agree with Mark. If you can keep calm you have mastered something I can't. My hands shake, a lot. I can barely drive straight when I go to qualify or race. I just learned to be able to compensate for the shaking. I have no clue how I can run so fast shaking that bad, but it seems to work well for me. 

Yeah a lot of people get nervous when qualifying. I usually either have a slow bad run full of mistakes or somehow roll the truck in some weird ways (Once i somehow rolled the truck going straight)...its all about just relaxing and giving it your best without stressing out over it