Double Backflip Discussion

Metallica530

He needs to try and find a way to make all four wheels rotate even while in air. Keep in mind that while in air he's still throttling into it, and there is constant gyration of moving parts that can make the truck cork out or "water bottle". None more so I think than those four wheels spinning. There is probably other factors involved, but that's just what stands out in my mind.

With that said, I'm quite tired of this "phenomena" already, imho. Throwing away hundered thousand dollar parts and machines, not to mention a driver being put at risk to do a stunt where the outcome could go completely wrong? All it takes is one bad accident in my mind...

It might be different if this was more scientifically planned out. So far any testing seems to be nothing more than hear-say or "what if".

Well I guess if Tom wants to continue to risk it and Feld continues to pay the bills, he'll continue at it until he nails it or hurts himself trying. Imho I just wish it would end.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry if there's already a thread for this.)

I got into some thinking today about all the things that Meents has tried, in order to land the "Double Backflip".  We all know that he's made a special, safer, and completely tricked out truck just for this.  I believe the said truck is still a Willman, and correct me if I'm wrong but, don't you think that a shorter truck would help with getting both rotations?  From the looks of it, the Willman has a very long wheel base.  Granted the truck always seems to do an almost "Barrel Roll" in the air, I think a shorter truck would give him a little more of the rotation he's looking for, would it not?

If it serves my memory correctly when I was at the event Neil said they took off 8 inches total off the truck, I belive it was 2 in the front and 6 in the back