Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

If that was a shot at the constant red and yellow theme, then I'm sure you will be hounding YouTube for a video on the Houston, TX show on Jan 4th (I think is when it is), as will I, in hopes of new track design and colors. What I'm wondering is without a title sponsor, will they have a new one? Did they even have one before AAP? Would also love to see some new truck bodies, instead of all these mid 2000's trucks, almost ten years later.

If that was a shot at the constant red and yellow theme, then I'm sure you will be hounding YouTube for a video on the Houston, TX show on Jan 4th (I think is when it is), as will I, in hopes of new track design and colors. What I'm wondering is without a title sponsor, will they have a new one? Did they even have one before AAP? Would also love to see some new truck bodies, instead of all these mid 2000's trucks, almost ten years later.

Very excited for that. 

Hopefully they won't have a new one, or at least a less imposing one. I don't think they had one before; they never modified the actual logo for a sponsor before.

With the POD now going to Gillete stadium, seeing how it is after East Rutherford, and that Tom hasn't landed the double yet... Do you think that he might try the double there? It looks like it could be the last stop on the POD, so it would make sense...

Tom did technically "land the double back flip" but the truck twisted around so it wasn't true, but was as close as it gets, can't change physics. That was at WF 14. Even so, though the flips were cool when Cam McQueen did it in Jacksonville, I think it has been a bit over played. I came from 1990, but I'm no genwunner. I wonder if POD will still be red and yellow, to my knowledge, that's where it all started. POD 2011

The truck was changed drastically for the last attempt. It was a much shorter truck wheelbase wise and the engine was in the rear instead of the front. He almost had landed it with no twist. All he really needs to do is get some more airtime and i think hes got it.

Actually the engine was still in the front for the East Rutherford attempt.

I was saying "technically" as in from Monster Jams point of view, which is why I followed with "it wasn't true". I don't consider it a real double backflip. Either way I think it's all just a bunch of non-sense. I doubt he will try it again since they called it as a true double at WF 14. On the flip side, and due to the repetitive nature of Monster Jam, and Tom, he might still try try just to further his satisfaction and to prove himself to be "#1".