Show Your Junk Chapter 30

Outlawed

Anyone else having this issue

Anyone else having this issue with the chassis color?

screenshot_25_zpsc1929476.jpg

materials be broke

accidentally posted this in the first window I had open....

Just about done now, have a few more details to add before I map this thing. p3d link down below....

6zyUb.png

http://p3d.in/7HjO7

The way this thing is it feels very thin, brittle. I know that's how fibreglass is, but even fibreglass has depth to it. This just feels like a paper model

6zJhY.jpg

It's also very square. Why doesn't the front end bend at all? Almost everything has a shape from all sides. There's no bow to the bed, no depth to the sides, no slant to the pillars, no shape to the roof at all. You gotta think about that sort of thing. every surface has to flow on a model, this just feels really stiff and bricky.

Also there seems to be some really queer choices with the wireframe

6zJqg.jpg

Why are there twelve edge loops in the front when it's flat? Why is the lower corners of the grille a straight single face while the center gets so much attention? Why is there so many edge loops for the headlights when the only change in the surface just a 45 degree angle which should actually be smooth? You gotta think about the shape you're going for, and in a perfect world, every model would have exactly as many edges on a certain surface as is exactly needed, and the entire model would have an even poly distribution. Impossible for real time, but strive for it anyway.

All that said though, good deal SM is going towards overall quality. And at the end of the day, anything that's not this thing can't be going downhill

• Upvote 2

1928148.jpg

There's still a lot of work to be done to it, but here's Monster Medic as it currently stands. Big thanks to Yovany Rayos (Monsterjamer99) for helping out with the graphics!

3844319.jpg

9819115.jpg

Oh yeah, and more EVO progress. Texturing will begin shortly.

• Upvote 13

might I make a suggestion for monster medic? 

the yellow on the chassis might take a little darker yellow just to show the difference between the chassis and body

btw... SealedGecko, is that the finished product or is there still some tweaking going on, because I love the idea of popped tires... Good Job