How do you send a league application to an admin or moderator?

BobJones23

Question

So, I would like to make a sim-monsters league and it said to send an appication to an admin or moderator, and i don't know how to do that.

Could someone help me?

(PS: i'm a noob to sim-monsters and RoR so thats why i dont know this....)

(PPS: and please dont tell me that "if i'm a noob i shouldn't be able to run a league because i'm not experienced enough." you don't know that, and just because i'm a noob doesn't mean i can't run a league. If you don't want to join fine but i just would like some help about this.)

7 answers to this question

Well the fact is if you have not dabbled much in ROR your likely hood of running a successful league and it lasting more then a few events stems on several things. I get several messages a month about people wanting to run a league, I generally give them the same response to put more perspective on the subject

Have you taken part in or hosted some funruns? Can you or do you even know how host a server? Do you have a rulebook, schedule, points system or anything pertaining to the success of the league already done?  Have you gotten anyone to assist or help you with the league? You will need atleast 3 other individuals to help with judging, timing or officiating. The more prepared you are now the more likely your league will not flop. This comes from well over 8+ years of online racing and running leagues, so I kinda I have a inkling how this stuff works.

• Upvote 4

Well the fact is if you have not dabbled much in ROR your likely hood of running a successful league and it lasting more then a few events stems on several things. I get several messages a month about people wanting to run a league, I generally give them the same response to put more perspective on the subject

Have you taken part in or hosted some funruns? Can you or do you even know how host a server? Do you have a rulebook, schedule, points system or anything pertaining to the success of the league already done?  Have you gotten anyone to assist or help you with the league? You will need atleast 3 other individuals to help with judging, timing or officiating. The more prepared you are now the more likely your league will not flop. This comes from well over 8+ years of online racing and running leagues, so I kinda I have a inkling how this stuff works.

Yeah, I've been noticing a lot of "Newbie's" trying to run leagues, and some "non-newbies." The problem is, nothing is professional. I know it's a video game but if you're going to do something like host a league than you have to be professional, and take its seriously. Like Nick said, "Do you have a rulebook, schedule, points system or anything pertaining to the success of the league already done?"  If you do, then, by all means, GO FOR IT! Otherwise, stay away from trying to run a league.

I hosted a Fun-Run that wasn't too bad, but I got the job done. I had brackets,  a private server, other officials, and etc. Before the Fun-Run I started brainstorming a league, but after the event I backed out. Simply because there's more to a league than there is to a "mini-comp" or Fun-Run. 

Sorry if this didn't make much sense I can hardly comprehend what I just read, lol.

Uhhhh both of these posts are along the lines of "you shouldn't be able to run a league because you're a noob"

Look, i'm sorry that i'm a noob and want to run a league but i just wanted to know about how to send a league application.

Obviously i can't cuz i'm not experienced sorry about wasting your time guys

It's not about "you can't host one because you're a noob", but more of a checklist to see if you yourself are can put it on without having it backfire with many problems. Even a single Fun Run takes a lot to put into action. Putting on a league is a lot of work, and nobody wants to see a league fail with inexpirience. I'd say do what Kozak said and host a fun run. Get an AIM chat up, get a server up, qualifying and the whole nine yards and see how everything holds up, then give yoursekf an evaluation and see if your ready to host a full league.

• Upvote 1