What was your first Monster Truck experience?

maxdfandan555

My first ever show was real small indie show in a local arena back when I was really young. Don't really remember much except I do remember seeing Tom Meents do a wing-walk on Monster Patrol. Then in 2000 or so my dad was watching one of Monster Jam's broadcasts on TNN and I couldn't stop watching them with him. 2001 brought my first live Monster Jam show (Roanoke, obviously) and we also ordered World Finals II on PPV. The rest is history.

Worcester 2009 2:00 Show. I started liking MT's in late 2008 when a neighbor started watching it at my house. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, so I asked my dad if we could go to one of those shows. So in early 2009 we went to a show in Worcester MA, When the gates opened to the pit party all of the crushed cars and stuff in the tunnel amazed me at what those machines can do, then I got onto the floor...I just stopped and stared at everything for a minute. It was the coolest sight seeing all those trucks just sitting there waiting competition. The show, compared to todays standards was ok. But it was still a great first expirence

Hell I can't remember the first time I saw them on TV or that, but I can remember my first show was at Dixie Speedway in 2004, I know the lineup by heart:

Summit Truck Style

Holman's Beast

Reptoid

Clydesdale

Carolina Crusher

War Wizard

Grave Digger 14 (Randy Brown)

Bigfoot 15 (Dan Runte)

Then my first stadium show was at the Georgia Dome, which was just a mindblowing show.

My mom took me to Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ for the U.S. Diesel Truckin' Nationals and Motorsports Spectacular in September of 1999. I was only 11 months old at that point, so I had no idea what was going on. Apparently, I survived the whole show without crying or really being bad, but as soon as Grave Digger came out, I apparently started crying my eyes out. 

On May 26th, 2008, at around 5:30pm or so, I was sitting in my living room flipping through the channels on the TV when I came across Speed TV. As soon as that channel came on, I saw Damon Bradshaw flip U.S. Air Force Afterburner at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL in freestyle and then catching on fire. I thought it was interesting, so I watched the rest of the episode. At the end, it said to go to USHRA.com, so I did. I did my research, watched another new episode later that day, then I told my family about it. My aunt mentioned that there was a show going on at Raceway Park (which was less than a mile away from her house) in a few weeks. We went to that show, and ever since then, I was hooked.

• 5 months later...

Astrodome 2002 during Dennis' 20th anniversary. He won the racing and the freestyle. He absolutely gave everything that truck had. Even to this day one of my favorite freestyles to watch.