Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

They had BKT's last year so not entirely sure what the dealio is there.

As for the driveshaft blankets, I would rather have the piece of mind know the entire driveline wrapped in a kevlar blanket (that was made with the intent of it being removed and installed quickly with no issues). Your going to tell me that techs can spot a safety loop failing from the stands on a truck? Most of the time they spot a driveshaft failure it is because the truck loses power to the front or rear or there are sparks from it. Having it hidden behind a blanket might make it a guessing game if the lost of power was from internal components of the axle or the driveshaft but I could live with them shutting trucks off in that case regardless. With the delay in RII's for trucks that have rolled over trying to "recover" back onto all fours they were allowing last year, you cannot tell me that having the undercarriage of a truck pointing at you with the driver buried in the throttle is a comfortable feeling.

I totally agree especially with that last line. Dont shoot me though, im just the messenger quoting statements from MJ tech officials.

On a side note I was never a fan of the drivers doing the ATV stuff...... wonder how long it is until somebody gets really hurt...... 

Edited by Stephen Hopkins

That Tacoma accident was awful, poor family. Sorry to bring the downer to the topic here, I was just curious. 

Thanks for the quick and accurate info TTG.

Anybody know the story with the BKTs being so shiny? Are they delivered all shined up or do the MT teams just have to use barrels upon barrels of tire dressing for displays?

I know tire shine has been used on MT's occasionally over the years for pre-show and stuff, but the BKTs it's on the whole tire, tread and all. It's a dumb question, but I'm curious. 

That Tacoma accident was awful, poor family. Sorry to bring the downer to the topic here, I was just curious. 

Thanks for the quick and accurate info TTG.

Anybody know the story with the BKTs being so shiny? Are they delivered all shined up or do the MT teams just have to use barrels upon barrels of tire dressing for displays?

I know tire shine has been used on MT's occasionally over the years for pre-show and stuff, but the BKTs it's on the whole tire, tread and all. It's a dumb question, but I'm curious. 

I'd assume BKT would shine them.

I'd assume BKT would shine them.

BKT doesn't shine tires for anybody who buys them. They're just so shiny because they're a smooth, unscratched, un-abused surface that can be plastered with tire shine to make look shinier than glass. EcoWork tires can look the same way to as long as the treads aren't chewed up and chopped up, but a lot of them are after the rule came in place to trim the corner off of the treads for safety purposes. 

Noticed some stuff no one has mentioned about line-ups yet:

1) The line up for Oklahoma City includes a truck called Big Chief? Does that have anything to do with Shane England, because I remember seeing his name associated with that truck in another thread (Big Kahuna is in the line-up as well).

2) Kevin King is driving a truck called Fluffy in Tupelo

3) Mike Thompson is driving Lumberjack (any relation to Steven)?

4) Grave Digger seems to be absent from Canadian arena shows

5) Paul Breaud and Mac Plecker are running more FELD shows than in the past. Have they bought BKTs?

6) Robert Parker is driving a truck called Lone Eagle in Wilkes Barre. Is that one of Pezo's trucks?

7) Scott Hartsock is driving Gunslinger in New Orleans

8) Terminator and Hooligan both returning/debuting

9) Pablo's schedule has been mainly reduced to arena shows

10) Vancouver includes trucks Enforcer and Survivior. The names sound familiar but not sure on drivers/owners,

Edited by TheTruckGuy

1. Big Chief is owned by Chris Trussell and as far as I know has nothing to do with Shane England.

2. Best name ever.

3. Yes, Mike is Steve's brother

4. apparently Canada doesnt like Digger

5. If its more than 4 shows than probably have or will soon. there not quite all over everyone, cutting some slack and giving a little time to buy them.

6. Yes, that is one of Pezo's trucks

9. rip pablo

10. Enforcer and Survivor are 2 of Tony Canedos 3 trucks, Playn for Keeps being the 3rd. If I had to guess its Roger(Stidell, he travels with Tony) and Tony will probably be driving them if Playn For Keeps and Destroyer are not listed because Tony has no other drivers for the trucks.

This was back in April mind you but Mac told me he didn't plan on buying BKTs

Also Strait Jacket is listed for Tupelo as well so I doubt Kevin will pull double duty.

Pablo's tour last year was pretty much arenas as well sans the first couple weekends (Detroit 1 and Miami) honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he retires after this season.

Edited by Charlie H.

This was back in April mind you but Mac told me he didn't plan on buying BKTs

Also Strait Jacket is listed for Tupelo as well so I doubt Kevin will pull double duty.

Pablo's tour last year was pretty much arenas as well sans the first couple weekends (Detroit 1 and Miami) honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he retires after this season.

That'd be too bad for Pablo to retire, I've always thought his Digger was unique from the rest of them and he is an amazing guy. That's a downside to FELD having more younger drivers that push the trucks more than the older FELD guys do.

And was Madusa suppose to make some announcement or something?

Edited by TheTruckGuy

That'd be too bad for Pablo to retire, I've always thought his Digger was unique from the rest of them and he is an amazing guy. That's a downside to FELD having more younger drivers that push the trucks more than the older FELD guys do.

And was Madusa suppose to make some announcement or something?

Well, there's also age. Keep in mind Pablo is 52 as of now, and he's one of only a handful of guys left that ran during the leafspring age which must've done a number on him. I mean Dennis is supposed to retire next year, Dan Runte allegedly is gonna slow down on number of shows, it's just a fact of life these guys are getting older and can't take the abuse they've dealt with for decades. Same as with guys like Diehl Wilson or Dan Patrick in recent years

Even in the 90s the trucks are nothing compared to today's trucks, I have a few old VHS's of 'Inside Monster Jam' (from the late 90s) and the highest 'stacks' where 2 cars on top of each other (lol).

so the drivers from that age are older and not really used too the abuse of today's trucks fling 50ft in the air. 

just my 2cents...

This random but Bigfoot has a few really cool shirts out now. The first one is "Bigfoot Vs. Snake Bite" the front features both truck Logos and part of the stripe from the racer stripe truck, and on the back both truck logos and both Snake Bite and 21 wearing the racer stripe body. The other has 21, Blue Firestone and Odyessey on the back with Bigfoot logo on the front. Check them out on Bigfoot site.