World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

3 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Jim re braced the cradle after it basically ripped out a few years ago in Vegas (the year he ran the purple chrome body, I think 3 years?) The new one mimics the low CG chassis rummell came up with. Brutus is a Racesource and Wrecking Crew is a even further outdated Kohler design.

yes that is the exact year that it happened, but since that not much has changed.

• Upvote 2

Ive been seeing pics of the racing track for wf18, but the middle ramp is so long and there is something like the frontflip ramp so i guess that the ramp is long for landing a frontflip. So i guess there is a frontflip encore BUT if tom is injured, then who is going to do it?

11 minutes ago, Skyliner849 said:

Ive been seeing pics of the racing track for wf18, but the middle ramp is so long and there is something like the frontflip ramp so i guess that the ramp is long for landing a frontflip. So i guess there is a frontflip encore BUT if tom is injured, then who is going to do it?

Remember Adam saying he wants to try it? Maybe Adam will actually be the one attempting then... And side note it appears that the fountain is back! Not 100% sure but it seems so! 

4 minutes ago, NCLBreakaway said:

Remember Adam saying he wants to try it? Maybe Adam will actually be the one attempting then... And side note it appears that the fountain is back! Not 100% sure but it seems so! 

well, if its adam (or any digger driver) They will have to use a truck like GD #7, if not it will be harder to complete because most of the diggers are long, and the only short one is 7

2 questions for those who have been to the world finals before or may know... 

For Double Down ticket holders, is the qualifying on Thursday as well/do we have access to see it? 

How thoroughly do they check bags? I'm going to try and sneak one of my good lenses in. In the past at my hometown show I just put in in the bottom of my backpack in it's case, and put a sweater on top, I tell them it's just my water bottle and ear protection. If security isn't anal about going through backpacks I should be ok. 

2 minutes ago, bottenator said:

For Double Down ticket holders, is the qualifying on Thursday as well/do we have access to see it? 

How thoroughly do they check bags? I'm going to try and sneak one of my good lenses in. In the past at my hometown show I just put in in the bottom of my backpack in it's case, and put a sweater on top, I tell them it's just my water bottle and ear protection. If security isn't anal about going through backpacks I should be ok. 

Qualifying is on Thursday, yes. Everyone with Double Down tickets will be able to see it.

It's been a year so I can't remember as much, but I'm pretty sure they don't thoroughly check bags.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bottenator said:

Ask if they're enacting the "clear bag" policy. A lot of stadiums are (Nashville and Atlanta did) but I'm not sure if it's the same in Vegas since they don't have an NFL team as of now and this policy is used at all NFL venues

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, bottenator said:

If you have purchased DD tickets you have access to Sam Boyd for the whole day (you need to have your DD lanyard with you) Thursday. As for bag checks, I have taken a T3i rebel with a 55-250mm zoom lense for the past 4 years (will not be bringing it with me this year). They have always checked my bags before going into the stadium each day the seating opened up but there has never been anything said to me about the camera or the lense. I am not going to claim you will not have an issue at all, but I would recommend not lying, security people do not like that.

• Upvote 2

Great, thanks guys!

I can't lie I'm really stoked for the event. First World Finals show for me, and I'm treating my dad to the whole trip. When I first planned on going my friends were down but then couldn't afford it when it was time to get the tickets. So for my dad's birthday I'm treating him to the show and six days in Vegas. Him and I have been going to see monster trucks for over 2 decades now, so it will be quite the experience for us both. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skyliner849 said:

well, if its adam (or any digger driver) They will have to use a truck like GD #7, if not it will be harder to complete because most of the diggers are long, and the only short one is 7

Considering 7 is on permanent display in Digger's Dungeon, I very highly doubt they will un-retire the chassis, rebuild it with modernized parts, add any other features needed to it, for literally 5 minutes in Vegas to do a front flip. If they really want Adam to do a front flip they may fabricate a whole new chassis from scratch with a shorter wheelbase and then fill it with new parts. It just seems redundant to un-retire the chassis for a 3rd time for one show, even seeing as now the chassis is almost 25 years old and it's probably wayyyy broken in some spots.