Show Your Projects Chapter 63

Roach

4 minutes ago, fernBurn said:

If i may be able to chime in.

If a project is released to the PUBLIC, imo i don't feel its necessary to ask permission. That project and everything helped make it up, is open to the public to be used in whatever way SO LONG AS the original creator is given credit for their contributions.

If the project was kept PRIVATE and you (somehow) got a hold of it and started showing it off as your own, then there's an issue.

If you think nothing on this site was used from components that were already released and/or public, you gotta look a little closer.

I was going to give him credit either way if I used his ramps

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ABgamerX said:

I will ask permission to use his ramps before releasing, if he says no, I'll make my own. Let's calm down with the drama a bit, and get back on topic please.

Thank you. Easiest solution here. Everyone is literally so worked up.

8 hours ago, fernBurn said:

If they were, they'd be considered public and would be able to be used by you as long as you gave credit to who you got it from, is all im saying.

If not, i would recommend you ask the creator before using them.

When i started and didn't know how to model, i ripped so many props from other creators trucks to use on my own projects. I just made sure i gave credit and everything was cool. I kinda just don't get where all the fall out is coming from.

Also sums it up perfectly. I have no idea where this is coming from. Great Job AB, my only thing I would add is maybe making both color schemes that were ran on the track like black and blue or black and purple that you can select when loading in. That would be cool. Just make sure you give credit. Keep being awesome and getting things out here for the community. Dont let anyone bring you down or tell you otherwise. 

8 hours ago, ABgamerX said:

They're the ramps from New Orleans 2018, I just re-scaled them slightly

ok i hate to chip into all this but im just getting back after many many issues (windows corruption restoring files etc the list goes on) but my opinion is the same as ferns, whats public is public its there for fair use, and as a track creator myself I see this as a extremely minor issue. the problem becomes lack of credit and credit doesnt need to be given in screenshots sorry but who cares? as long as its there in the final product thats what matters. Also to brighten the mood!

HhHN6n4.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hey guys. In the wake of all the controversy, let's lighten the mood by showing off the final project. Being sent to testers after going through the cloning process (if you know how to clone your assistance would be greatly appreciated). Check it out! There will be a version with Adam's name above the door (you can choose BKT's or Goodyears) and a 2018 version with no name. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/ituO37b

https://imgur.com/a/uSufmRk

https://imgur.com/a/uDNhX2H

https://imgur.com/a/pIyynSD

https://imgur.com/a/ylGfZSU

5 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

If your going for replica switch monster jam logo out for the whatever year your replicating as well as removing BKT's because (correct me if im wrong.) GDL never ran BKTs. If its then ingore this comment i guess 

6 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

If your going for replica switch monster jam logo out for the whatever year your replicating as well as removing BKT's because (correct me if im wrong.) GDL never ran BKTs. If its then ingore this comment i guess 

It's gonna be a pack. There will be a replica version, and a few others. This is the version that i made if it was running now in 2018.

16 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

i think this was his last year running and he did have BKTS but also the yellow rimsImage result for grave digger the legend 2015

1 hour ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

It's gonna be a pack. There will be a replica version, and a few others. This is the version that i made if it was running now in 2018.

Never ran collectors, wrong shock package, and probably would've kept the rims yellow since those were the most recent rims the Legend used before it retired. To me, this looks way more like a custom than a replica.

And as I keep saying about the ramps, I will give credit when I will release it

Just now, ABgamerX said:

Never ran collectors, wrong shock package, and probably would've kept the rims yellow since those were the most recent rims the Legend used before it retired. To me, this looks way more like a custom than a replica

As stated, the version shown is a custom depicting what I think it would look like running today. A replica will be included with BKTs and Goodyears.

1 hour ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

Grave Digger the legend did run BKT'S at a few shows before it got retired Just saying