What Save was the biggest in Monster Jam?

At this years show at stafford they were RII trigger happy in freestyle as soon as the clock hit 75 seconds they would shut the truck down and ryan was shut off for attemping to hit a jump at an alternitive angle but on the flip side during sudays show when he was driving out for freestyle his front driveshaft started to fall apart and was not shut down until almost reaching the track

Pretty sure eldora has a tight deal where you cant rip up their track. Thus why you arent allowed to run with a a rim that would merely dig up the track in large chunks. 

And im with kozak, the moment the truck goes over they should be RII'd. Only a matter of time before the inevitable happens to either a driver or a fan again. Guess stupid is as stupid does so.........  

• Upvote 2

Took me a while to find it but I do not think many people saw this, watch at 1:04 as something shoots off into the stands. This is the exact reason trucks need to be shut off once they are over.

Even before that, the truck runs into the wall. Why not RII then?

• 9 months later...

You complain about driving on the roof being unsafe yet no one seems to be talking about how a part flew off of Overkill during his final jump and landed in the parking lot.... Monster trucks are just unsafe in general. If you don't like it then don't go to events. If you will want to see events, get a 200 inch T.V. and play youtube videos. Also, no one complains about NASCAR being unsafe, meanwhile they're driving at 200 MPH against a wall only 20 feet away from the seats of the fans..... PLUS they even crash into the walls sometimes. But nope, just because FELD allows it it's evil. Which seems to be the train of thought that a lot of people have. If FELD comes up with the idea or does it first it's bad and ruins monster trucks. Not saying I agree with everything they do either, however I don't disagree with their ideas just out of who they're coming from. Maybe we, as a whole, need to stop being partial to one group and just accept good ideas as they are, good ideas, and same for bad ideas, just accept them as bad ideas. In conclusion, roof driving is certainly not as unsafe as a lot of other things. (Especially not as unsafe as allowing Jim Koehler or Tom Meents in an arena [i joke])

Okay take a small step back and put the koolaid down bro. Almost everyone at this point knows about Overkill Evolutions reservoir cap and internals shooting up into the air at Vegas this year. This is supposed to be getting addressed with shock cap guards (quite a number of FELD trucks run them after Linsey Weenk had a shock cap pop off and end up in a upper bowl of a stadium show a few years ago). Which in turn raises the question, if FELD knew about this safety issue, why did they not take care of the problem when it originally happened? I mean they enforced the driveshaft loop changes after this kid in Tacoma got killed and the extra cab bracing after Ryan Anderson broke his neck in the Digger 30th encore. Hell they had the oppurtunity to add kevlar driveline blankets (that SIR came up with) that were basically as simple as can be and took less then a couple of minutes to remove or install.

If the best you can come up with in counter points is saying to stop going to shows from bringing up valid safety concerns or in doing so makes people instant FELD haters, I am going to bow out of this conversation. Your entitled to have your opinion and view on the matter, I personally disagree completely.

You complain about driving on the roof being unsafe yet no one seems to be talking about how a part flew off of Overkill during his final jump and landed in the parking lot.... Monster trucks are just unsafe in general. If you don't like it then don't go to events. If you will want to see events, get a 200 inch T.V. and play youtube videos. Also, no one complains about NASCAR being unsafe, meanwhile they're driving at 200 MPH against a wall only 20 feet away from the seats of the fans..... PLUS they even crash into the walls sometimes. But nope, just because FELD allows it it's evil. Which seems to be the train of thought that a lot of people have. If FELD comes up with the idea or does it first it's bad and ruins monster trucks. Not saying I agree with everything they do either, however I don't disagree with their ideas just out of who they're coming from. Maybe we, as a whole, need to stop being partial to one group and just accept good ideas as they are, good ideas, and same for bad ideas, just accept them as bad ideas. In conclusion, roof driving is certainly not as unsafe as a lot of other things. (Especially not as unsafe as allowing Jim Koehler or Tom Meents in an arena [i joke])

The difference with NASCAR and FELD is they push everything under the rug so they can keep their profit coming.  NASCAR and the tracks they run at address problems when they occur and attempt to solve the problem from happening again.  FELD ignores and tries to keep things under a blanket to protect themselves.  Nothing was said when one of their most popular drivers broke his neck from a stunt.  And no I don't hate FELD, Monster X tour is hardly any better.  Bill runs his equipment under what ever condition it is in (Yes I know he owns the operation but still).  Bottom line, trucks are unsafe, all motor sports are dangerous and pose risks to competitors and spectators, however certain steps can be implemented and reintroduced to lower the risk factor.  

Kozak do you know which event that incident you are speaking of with Weenk occurred at?  I've never heard that before

I would have to ask around to see what show, I just remember hearing about it and seeing it on video. But like almost all questionable things that happen, it gets swept under the rug or kept on the downlow.

Necropost of the year? This thread was almost a year old. Was it even necessary to respond?