9 Injured in Monster Truck Accident

bkelly

Is it just me, or do these accidents seem to occur more often? Or at least in the last 3-4 years?

Well, think back to 2004. There were far less monster trucks doing things in small areas with poor safety. The truck were also not being subject to nearly the kind of things they are now. This probably plays into part of it, but to be honest, I'm not sure what else does to where it seems to happen really just within the last 3-4 years more commonly as opposed to 5-6 years ago, or something of that scale.

There is a video floating around YouTube where a truck in a Mexican Monster Truck Show almost careened into the crowd in a slap wheelie. Also, if I remember correctly, then there was once a time when one of Bulldozer's horns went flying into the stands, killing 2.

Also, in the late 1990's, Grave Digger almost went bouncing into the stands of an arena event. The crowd in the direction that the Digger was headed for ran for their lives,

as Grave Digger BARELY missed.

Counting those 3 and 3 more that happened (The tire incident on Saturday, And 2 shows where a truck literally went into the crowd), those are 6 incidents that I can remember.

There is a video floating around YouTube where a truck in a Mexican Monster Truck Show almost careened into the crowd in a slap wheelie. Also, if I remember correctly, then there was once a time when one of Bulldozer's horns went flying into the stands, killing 2.

Also, in the late 1990's, Grave Digger almost went bouncing into the stands of an arena event. The crowd in the direction that the Digger was headed for ran for their lives,

Counting those 3 and 3 more that happened (The tire incident on Saturday, And 2 shows where a truck literally went into the crowd), those are 6 incidents that I can remember.

Heard of all those but bulldozers horn,

Not sure why we aren't placing some blame on the driver as it looks to be very clear there are no wheel tethers on the truck. I'm interested in finding out if that is indeed the case as this truck has competed in Monster Jam before. If there are it's not impossible for them to break but they usually slow the tire down quite a bit either way. This along with the lack of proper wall protection are the biggest issues I see from the video although there isn't really much that is going to keep a 500lb+ bouncing tire and rim assembly from clearing some walls if they're not tall enough. I watched the video a few times and the tire is just no match for the flimsy fencing they used to section off the areas of the track as it simply ploughed right through the fence versus scaling it. Either way it's a freak accident and could have happened anywhere and I hope everyone recovers fully.

I think the last time it ran a Monster Jam show was in 2011. Not sure if the wheel tethers were implemented then or not.

There is a video floating around YouTube where a truck in a Mexican Monster Truck Show almost careened into the crowd in a slap wheelie. Also, if I remember correctly, then there was once a time when one of Bulldozer's horns went flying into the stands, killing 2.

here is the Digger incident. in my opinion, this would be on the top 10 most infamous Digger moments if there ever was one.

Yep. That's the one. I also remember another incident that happened in 2006 When a truck called "SuperTruck" almost went into the stands. Someone posted a pic of that incident, but I forgot what topic it was.

Also, let's not forget the most famous incident of all...

I think the last time it ran a Monster Jam show was in 2011. Not sure if the wheel tethers were implemented then or not.

Wheel tethers became mandatory by the USHRA and MTRA before 2011, so Raging Bull has them on the truck since it passed USHRA inspection in 2013 when it last ran with Feld.

Well, dumpsters have been there since WF2, at least the full stretch of that part (WF1 had some but they were spaced out and trucks kept hitting them)

But now it's less a safety feature and more of an obstacle

I meant the end where the trucks turn. Sorry, should've specified that