Show Your Projects: Chapter 6

mdemko

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b417/saranide/blender2011-06-0405-17-45-49.png

Here is my first blender track, do you think it has any potential?

Can anyone uv map and paint it for me because I suck at it

EDIT: Also is 13k verts too much for a track?

1. Yes, it looks good but might be a bit small once it's in-game. A general rule I use is to export a truck chassis or an uploaded track and delete everything off the track besides one car to use as a scale.

2. I'm sure some people can & will but at some point you will want to learn how to do those yourself.

3. Under 20k verts should be fairly decent but there likely will be some FPS drop over cars, to reduce this you can merge all the sides of the cars together making one "seamless" car line which also removes a fair amount of wheel grab that you get on other tracks. To do this you would select 2 verts at a time on the sides of the cars, press W and click on merge. It can take a few tries to get it right and it may also be time consuming but it's usually worth it in the end. ;)

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b417/saranide/blender2011-06-0405-17-45-49.png

Here is my first blender track, do you think it has any potential?

Can anyone uv map and paint it for me because I suck at it

EDIT: Also is 13k verts too much for a track?

That looks great, just to give you an Idea, the entire Wf 9 freestyle track was 11k verts. So its a little heavy but not bad for your first attempt. If we could ever switch over to .38 there would be absolutely 0 problems pushing 25k verts.

Edited by RKM

That looks great, just to give you an Idea, the entire Wf 9 freestyle track was 11k verts. So its a little heavy but not bad for your first attempt. If we could ever switch over to .38 there would be absolutely 0 problems pushing 25k verts.

Well the verts are gonna be way down because I can get rid of over 150 verts for each car lol and probably the floor too