World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

13 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I really liked World Finals 14 (my favorite track), and World Finals 18 was my second favorite. Hopefully. I want the fountain and that bus back, but also the sea containers with the big air on the back that Chris Bergeron thought was a crush through lol :lol:. Also, the sport itself won't ever gonna peak. In the late 90's everyone thought it peaked. Nope. Now frontflips and moonwalks and all kinds of stuff. They'll find something amazing. Also, I don't see a designated front flip ramp like the Metlife one bc they'd have to reset it every time it was used. Also, last year's forward momentum back flip wasn't planned. Neil told me. It was a front flip jump like at met life, but the pins fell out early and no one noticed (go look at the video the kickers are down.)  He hit it and started rotating. It was all skill bringing it back. What a legend... Notice the kickers are laying flat on the ramp and the rear end gave out when he landed sideways. I had to rave to him lol.

Um...the kickers were for the front wheels so the truck can start going into a rotation, then the kicker would go down so the back wheels would have to have enough momuntom to give it a full rotation or something like that

That was design for a foward momentum backflip not a frontflip, why do you think the ramp was higher?

The frontflip ramp has rotating kickers on it. When the front tires hit the front of the ramp, they flip down, and when the flip down they act pretty much as a wall for the back tires to hit. Think of the two wheel skills this year for example. A lot of the ramps that people were getting the nose wheelies down on are very very steep (Pretty much a straight up and down wall) The front flip ramp acts in the same way as the two wheel ramps for the back tires, meaning it allows the rear of the truck to kick up while the front end has momentum moving forward. So if you combine the momentum going forward and the force of the rear being pushed up, that is how the front flip ramp works. 

40 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Heard some rumors that there might be rain next week, and checked the forecast for Vegas.

Friday and Saturday are looking good, but it may rain a bit around Qualifying time on Thursday.

thats what it said last year

it might just be really cloudy and windy like last year 

Special Scheme Predictions

Avenger- Pink and White (I think it would look sleek af)

Mohawk Warrior- White body with Blonde mohawk (Personal one. Really wanna see it)

Firestorm- Blue and Yellow (I think it would be a good tribute to the first scheme for the hot wheels that competed in the world finals)

Whiplash- White (In my head it looks good. A darker blue or green or purple i think could work too.)

EarthShaker- Blue (Tribute to the people who get rid of our trash basically)

I cant really think of anything else. They may do something with Zombie but ya dont know until ya see it.

Honestly, even though FELD is cheap as frick, I would personally like to hope that due to this being the final year in Vegas for a while, they at least pay some sort of homage through differed paint schemes.  I don't understand how FELD didn't pick up on the MAJOR positive feedback to the differed paints.  Even if you don't paint the chassis, there is still plenty of room for other schemes.  FELD obviously has the money but, I have trust that they can at least do something good, last year was an improvement so hopefully they continue on the path of taking minor hints from fans.

Honestly the best thing I want to be in WF19 is a CRUSHABLE container. those things were awesome when backflips were never heard of. They stopped using them after 2010 and i'd love to see them back

14 hours ago, Brad Kerlin said:

Special Scheme Predictions

Avenger- Pink and White (I think it would look sleek af)

Mohawk Warrior- White body with Blonde mohawk (Personal one. Really wanna see it)

Firestorm- Blue and Yellow (I think it would be a good tribute to the first scheme for the hot wheels that competed in the world finals)

Whiplash- White (In my head it looks good. A darker blue or green or purple i think could work too.)

EarthShaker- Blue (Tribute to the people who get rid of our trash basically)

I cant really think of anything else. They may do something with Zombie but ya dont know until ya see it.

14 hours ago, steiale said:

Too much money right there making all those schemes. Avenger will get one, and Hot Wheels will be the mustang looking body on the diecast truck. 

I’ve heard that there is only 3 reveals this year.