What is this site lacking?

liquidfire215

I was thinking the same thing.  Having someone who has run proficiently on certain tracks, such as Mark at Vegas or someplace, and just having them give a quick explanation on a good way to drive the track.  Such as the RoR Monster Jam WF 1 tutorial by Josh.

• A yearly universal points system hosted by the SM staff which is combined from the multitude of leagues hosted on here.
  • Universal yearly awards given based on performance in leagues and site contributions.
  • Award graphics that could be placed on profiles and on the user panel on posts to show what you have earned. In a sense, a trophy case.
  • Upvote 1

• A yearly universal points system hosted by the SM staff which is combined from the multitude of leagues hosted on here.
  • Universal yearly awards given based on performance in leagues and site contributions.
  • Award graphics that could be placed on profiles and on the user panel on posts to show what you have earned. In a sense, a trophy case.

we had this lined up for season 3 but in all honest the effort to try and culminate every single leagues points up for every single person is just not realistically feasible. while this style of game is going to breed competitiveness, the real life aspect of what we try to replicate does not really have a points system nor a universally accepted points system (I know TMB does it for kicks) I would much rather see people just having fun and enjoying themselves with this. though I guess people these days are used to getting "achievements" for performing tasks.

• Upvote 1

Dunno if this works and it sounds cheesy but we should have like a 'Rate my Run' tab or official forum post where people post their freestyles and then a bunch of people just comment with a score and criticism, advice, or praise. Something like that.... just for fun.

I was thinking the same thing.  Having someone who has run proficiently on certain tracks, such as Mark at Vegas or someplace, and just having them give a quick explanation on a good way to drive the track.  Such as the RoR Monster Jam WF 1 tutorial by Josh.

I wouldn't mind doing this for you guys this weekend. I can livestream myself on certain tracks you guys would want to see.

we had this lined up for season 3 but in all honest the effort to try and culminate every single leagues points up for every single person is just not realistically feasible. while this style of game is going to breed competitiveness, the real life aspect of what we try to replicate does not really have a points system nor a universally accepted points system (I know TMB does it for kicks) I would much rather see people just having fun and enjoying themselves with this. though I guess people these days are used to getting "achievements" for performing tasks.

Pretty much, though I always liked to track my own wins in racing & freestyle wins but only in leagues with the top competitors unlike some I've seen claiming championships before. If RoR had it's own type of system or a mod that could be implemented it would be easier to track everyone but I doubt we will ever see that in a realistic monster truck game. It would be pretty neat if we could but it'd just be too hard for a set number of people to do it so my advice is if you want to keep track of "stats" do it yourself...just be ready for a lot of them to be dismissed if you count all the random server fun-runs in that list so to avoid that I would suggest only counting official leagues that are ran through Sim-Monsters.com. B)

You can use this as a type of guide if you want.

RoR Competition Highlights

Total RoR wins: 34 (4 Racing; 30 Freestyle)

Season 1 Freestyle Champion

KOTH Mini Series Champion

Season 1 Custom Series Overall Champion

7 Freestyle wins in a single season

I wouldn't mind doing this for you guys this weekend. I can livestream myself on certain tracks you guys would want to see.

If you want everyone to be able to view/judge your freestyle runs then you're better off just doing it on YouTube as not a lot of people may make it to your live-stream.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So huge bumpidy bump, but I think this is actually a good idea....

I would like to see a section of the site dedicated to music. Similar to the section for mods and admins, and the Real Wold Racing section. A place where music enthusiasts can gather and talk about anything music related. Bands, genres, instruments, and music culture. A central station of orgasmic air waves.

• Upvote 5

I would like to see a section of the site dedicated to music. Similar to the section for mods and admins, and the Real Wold Racing section. A place where music enthusiasts can gather and talk about anything music related. Bands, genres, instruments, and music culture. A central station of orgasmic air waves.

YES. YES. YES. THIS

Can we PLEASE have this?