Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2013

Roach

No that was during the 'zombie' media frenzy around modern borefare's zombie mode and all those other horrendous

loads of zombie themed media.

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that a majority of the votes actually were for 'zombie', and it was fueled by legions of monster and red bull swilling swagfags going OMG YES and voting for it just because they are vaccous shells of human beings, who'll end up working at a refuse transfer station for the rest of their lives because they don't know how to do better and they've been promised a fragile pension if they work for 40 years shoveling tat for a living.

If this is the case, this proves two things

1) feld is still the quintessential soulless coorporation, afraid to take risks and strictly allergic to original thought, and therefore still trailing two years behind stupid trends like the fat kid behind everyone else

2) people don't deserve a voice of their own most times and should probably have been shoveled off to goverment depopulation camps years ago

I agree 100 percent on what you say. Many of us Die hard monster jam fans just need our voices heard not the voice of the little kids who in two years will forget about monster jam and go into BMX or something like that. We need FANS who have been following the sport from its start to now, to tell Feld "hye we understand what ur trying to do but ur doing it wrong" and help give monster Jam its identity back. Many sports have been tainted because believe it or not the kids run this because thats who wants to get all the monster jam merchandise and purchase the useless apps. The kids wants MOAR BACKFLIPS, the kids want more cartoonic trucks the kids this, the kids tht, its all so frustrating. I just want Feld to realize that without its fans support Monster Jam would be failing but without the revolution of Monster Jam and the trucks we as people would all still view it as a bunch of rednecks crushing dem cars. Dont get me wrong Feld has done some great things but I feel likes its becoming to generic now, if it wasnt for the drivers leaving it all on the track, i would just view it as being like Nascar.

I /sadly/ know so many.

Honestly, I remember watching Monster Jam since about '03 or '04. (One of the first shows I remember seeing was Minny 03.) I never jumped on the "GRAVE DIGGER ROOLZZZ!!!!!" or "YAY MAX-D!!!!!" bandwagons. I was a fan of Tony Farell, then Lupe, then Team Scream. Heck, even Tom jumping his old house didn't get me hooked. The only MJ merchandise I've purchased has been 2 yearbooks and about 100 diecasts (I'm a collector). Nowadays, I watch old Monsters on Yootoob, along with my TMBTV.

One day, Feld will come to their senses. But for now, vote logically.

Just my 0.02$.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't somebody vote for a "FELD, stop ruining Monster Jam" truck?

Sorry I missed this, internet problems.  I think there is a way for everyone to be happy.  Monster Jam owns the rights to Monster Truck Challenge (from what I've read they let Rich use the name or have some kind of deal worked out with him) and USA Motorsports.  With them having an overwhelming amount of shows each year why not fund Rich Schafers MTC (whch is all he needs) re-launch USA Motorsports and have 3 different show types.  They could have the USA shows with monsters, mud racing, tough trucks and stunts, MTC could be more aimed at Monster Cross tracks and legimate racing and still do the current style Monster Jam shows.  If I owned Monster Jam this is what I'd be doing right now.  This way you have shows aimed at kids and adults.  Sadly for this or any new idea to happen business would have to drop for them.  The business mentality is if you're making money keep doing what you're doing and save the new and good ideas for when business is down.  With them not really having any big competition right now I see the current ways going for as long as they can milk it.

I just found out that FELD is bringing 'Advance Auto Parts' Monster Jam here to Philadelphia, PA this year.

http://www.monsterjam.com/Events/2013/10/04/Philadelphia,_PA/

The only thing is that it's going to be at the Wells Fargo Center, which means a small arena show. But at least the people here are getting something this year, and next year the big stadium show at Lincoln Financial Field will be back up and running. I might be able to go to either the Saturday 2:00pm or Sunday 2:00pm show, or maybe both if I am lucky. Only thing is that I will more than likely be going by myself and have to pay for the ticket(s) myself. I'm still trying to find a job to make that happen. I still don't know if me going is official.