Hurricane Sandy

Mark Colineri

Everyone on the east coast please be safe.. head every demand the officals tell you to do... Now Im on the east coast i didnt get it as bad as mark did for Irene but we got the rain from lee and we had 5 feet in our basement.... now hopefuly lt can move to the east just a little bit but we shall see... everyone be safe... if ya can make a thread to post that your safe and every thing is ok... Please say a prayer for everyone begin affected by this and FOR GOD SAKE BE SAFE!!!

152346W5_NL_sm.gif

look at the dot that marks where it will be at 8am on tuesday... i live under that dot lol. just waiting for school to be called off and i'll be happy, everyone stay safe please! this isn't anything to not take seriously... don't be stupid lol. i've been to walmart, kmart, and target this weekend, each store's battery aisle is empty, and all the generators are sold out. great.

It really isn't the wind that everyone is worrying about, its just the mass of the storm cell and the sheer amount of precipitation. Though the tri-state areas is gonna get the pretty much most of the storm and it will likely break apart. There have been alot of worst case scenarios said and many people think all of those are going to happen at once which just makes everything worse. The main thing is I just hope everyone makes it out of this safe and sound.

It really isn't the wind that everyone is worrying about, its just the mass of the storm cell and the sheer amount of precipitation. Though the tri-state areas is gonna get the pretty much most of the storm and it will likely break apart. There have been alot of worst case scenarios said and many people think all of those are going to happen at once which just makes everything worse. The main thing is I just hope everyone makes it out of this safe and sound.

I hope so too Casey, I have family members that is in this storm's path, and I haven't recieved any notification or call from them yet :(

I hope everything is ok for them.

Last time, Irene hit Upstate NY really bad. I got off of school today because of the hurricane. So far there is just rain at the present moment. No hard down pours of anything. I thought I would be waking up to no power and Sh!t all over of place outside lol.

I have off Monday and Tuesday so far, I don't know if I'll have school Wednesday, and then a snow storm is coming in on Friday lol. But so far, it's just windy and a little rainy. Nothing big is happening yet, that's supposed to come later today. Water is coming into the basement, though :/

Edit (2:12pm) - It's getting a lot windier and raining a lot more...

Power hasn't gone out yet, knock on wood. But tonight will be the worst of it for me. School's already closed tomorrow as well. Please everyone stay safe. Stay away from windows, keep your phone charged, candles lit, flashlights handy, and family close.

Well, it'll be hitting Toronto tonight and tomorrow. Don't know if school will be cancelled tomorrow for me. We're not going to get a hurricane, but we're probably 10-20% off of one. Wasn't able to pick up any flashlights or stuff like that as everything was sold out. But we got candles. I don't think its going to be as bad as what you guys are having, but there's a chance the power will go out. Stay safe everyone.

Well been raining here since Sunday, Had school today, and have school Tuesday as well, my school does not shut down (its a tech school) unless there is snow that stops a plow truck. Plus the main road to school is a state emergency route so it is always open so no excuse why you can't be there is the way it is thought out.