Show Your Projects Chapter 19!

Mark Colineri

I fail to understand the hate. If you can do it better then by all means do it, whats stopping you? They made it they way THEY like it, it doesnt have to appeal to you, me, or anyone. If we dont like it we can do it our way to please ourselves.  Sitting there and saying they did it wrong is not fair to anyone becuase what looks matte to you may not look matte to them and vice versa. No one and I mean no one would care if we had more trucks because of this.

• Upvote 5

This is the way constructive criticism has always been in this community, even back when I was 9 years old and making absolute dog turds in 2001...

"OMG SO AWESOME!!! Plz release naow!" is accepted as normal, but

"I think that truck could look better with a specular map instead of a reflective surface map" is accepted as starting a fight.

I agree that certain words should be more carefully chosen by everyone, but anyone who has been around this community for a while knows that constructive criticism is taken offensively around here, and I truly wish it wasn't because I know some of the stuff I make isn't any good, but when I want opinions, I get "OMG IT'S SO PRETTY RELEASE NAOW" instead of "If you do X it could look better."

Either way, this situation is blown way out of proportion by both parties. I say we get back on topic, and so that I'm not posting in this topic completely OFF topic...

cyclonecowboy2_zps5d539df8.png

• Upvote 6

Runt but just like back then 90% of the people on here cannot give accurate constructive criticism. I mean for my chassis work I don't really have anyone to relay accurate information other then people that actually work on the trucks. Everyone thought my first CRD was awesome,I went back and looked at recently and realized how bad (in my eyes) it actually was.

This thread is is called show your projects not show what you are going to release.

This thread is is called show your projects not show what you are going to release.

Yes, and isn't part of the design process getting opinions from your peers for things that could make something better before you do get to the release stage?

• Upvote 2