Show Your Projects Chapter 21!

Mark Colineri

Thing is the shade you have there has no definition. Model could be the most complex sculpt in the world but a bad diffuse will ruin it

for pure black i use a tone about here

Untitled-1-19_zps96a09bb0.jpg

Then put a dark AO over that for definition, then use that, inverse it, mabye draw some edge highlights turn it to a greyscale and use that as a spec mask. Game engines can't shade anything darker than that really, you can't darken dark

A few months ago this creature went into hiding in an underground lair possibly to never be heard from again.

5636993.png

It has since resurfaced in the early morning hours of March the fourth two thousand thirteen.

-CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Thank YOU for saving my favorite version of this truck and actually sending it back to me to complete! :wub: :wub:

• Upvote 9

Aaron, that looks pretty good. Don't have any complaints about it. Now time for Chris. Oh boy, no offense but that kind of looks horrible. The flames aren't even from the real truck and you can see where the pure black gets cut off into the AO bake black. The name looks good and everything else looks good as well. I see that it's still a WIP but just pointing things out. Have fun!