Flying Dirt @ MJ Events

rmnldr

So I've noticed in the many Monster Jam videos I've watched that dirt kicked up from the trucks' tires ends up landing on the tarped off sections of seating and sometimes even appearing to hit the spectators. I have never had seats near the protective tarping at a MJ event, but if anyone here has, please clarify on this. Do you get hit with dirt at MJ events?

Videos:

It concerns me because when I walked the track at New Orleans there were some very large and hard pieces of clay. I understand that the New Orleans track may have been more tacky than others, but dirt can also be compacted and made into large pieces. If someone were to be hit by that, I imagine it wouldn't be too pleasant. :/

I've sat in the front row at Philadelphia's monster jam back when they still held it in the Spectrum, an old arena. I never got hit with dirt there. Infact, the only part that scared me about sitting so close was when Kathy Winston hit a jump sideways and landed not 10 feet away from me. The 8 year old me waved to her in the truck haha

Maybe once or twice at the World Finals, Dennis has kicked up enough dirt that the wind was able to carry it over.  Mostly small stuff though.  And just about every year the wind kicks all the dust and dirt up from when trucks do donuts into our faces.  Nothing that could/would be considered dangerous though.

I've been front row to many shows and never got hit.  A friend of mine did at a Silverdome jump off in 96 or 97 when Bearfoot blew a tire.  I wasn't bad enough for him to go to the doctors though.  I'd think it would be pretty safe anywhere though.

I'd say your more likely to choke from the dust at Lerner ille Speedway than get hit by dirt clumps at a Monster Jam show. I sat behind the Starting line at Consal Energy Center, and the only thing I got hit the most with was the trucks hitting the rev limiter right infron of me.

I'd say your more likely to choke from the dust at Lerner ille Speedway than get hit by dirt clumps at a Monster Jam show. I sat behind the Starting line at Consal Energy Center, and the only thing I got hit the most with was the trucks hitting the rev limiter right infron of me.

What's that supposed to mean?

Lernerville is a local dirt track out my way, and usually durring the A and B main, tons of dist gts kicked up, enough where its wise to put a set of glasses on. With monster jam, hopefully they have the stands back far enough, and the track watered down enough, that getting hit with anything bigger than a golfball sized climp of dirt is very unlikely. Lernerville, you'll usually end up tasting half the track surface. All in all, very unlikely getting hit with anything...unlezz the hot dog vendor misjudges his throw...heh.

• 2 weeks later...