A thought...

xXTri99erXx

*DISCLAIMER: I LOVE THE TRACKS NO MATTER WHAT!* I know that some of you may not agree but I have been thinking about this. You know how the tracks look all good and well painted in racing (in game) and when you go to Freestyle, there isnt any paint left. I feel like there isnt enough left, like I love the way the paint looks and I feel like there's too much taken off for the freestyle portion. Maybe just take it easy but make it look like it has been driven over. I dont know, it might be just how I feel.

• Upvote 3

Im with Trigger on this. I really like the design in most tracks. Take Hot Shoe's San Marco. Its an amazing track, but i would have loved to have some more paint in freestyle. During racing, the track really pops while during freestyle it seems bland. Just my 2 cents

I've only decided so far on one track to leave the paint alone, and that track is my upcoming ORL Figure 8 Shootout @ Mankato Speedway. Reason I made the decision is because I worked too hard to give that track life, personality, and to make the speedway truly play "host" to ORL. I felt that by making a worn version I would rid the track of that personality I worked so hard to achieve. That's just me.

The other reason was that those flames were such a pain to paint and texture there was no way I was wearing down my artwork. Lol.

In the end, my tracks will continue to feature "worn" textures if I feel they are needed or if I feel like featuring them. 

I don't feel that it makes the track look bland. The only reason for it looking "bland" is I'm not as skilled to make "wear marks" on my tracks unlike Klayton who is just masterful at anything he sets his hands too. My "wear marks" are basically the same patches of dirt remapped on the model. That is until I get better skillz at wear marks, or Klayton shares with me his secrets.  :D

It really depends on the track mackers preference. IMO the track can look really good in racing but it will look very realistic if it had more wear and tear on fs. It looks odd when the track just has paint on the whole version with now wear around the turns or nothing. But like hotshoe said he wants to keep the paint on cause thts what he prefers.

Actually, the paint is usually that beaten down in real life. Take this photo of Dennis in Syracuse for example:

d5052129-4ae8-4a7e-b3d5-3c9a1635ed90.jpg?maxw=600&version=16

Notice how worn down the paint is and how little is still visible.

Very true, but put it from this perspective, the track dosent have to look like you are the last truck to come out, lol. Like a mid point event look would be nice. Like Tampa Custom. The paint on that track is AMAZING but in freestyle, its all just blan.

Yeah same here. Maybe if we had multipal freestyle tracks with certain times of freestayle? Say first out, mid field, and end.

Great idea. Maybe Rock read that. Lol, he is my favorite and I trully download every track he makes because they are just all around beautiful, not taking anything away from the other makers, but just something about the textures and everything about it that makes me fall in love.

Wasn't that done with many MTM2 tracks

Their would be in many newer tracks

-Qualifying

-Racing

-Freestyle (little tire marks here and there, fresh cars)

-Freestyle part 2 (beat down track, camper or wheelie car added, beat up cars)

In MTM2 it was easier to add additional obstacles while masking them through the different graphic levels. I believe they were sparse (best for online and best fps possible), normal (mid way graphic setting), and complex (most detailed).

You could set models to specific levels. When set to sparse, say an rv for later on in fs would be hidden (helpful for racing versions to hide fs obstacles and reduce lag). On complex, the rv would be present, with all of that contained on one track/file.

That still doesn't answer the question about wear marks on tracks. You couldn't set different textures to different graphic levels in MTM2.

If you don't like our tracks having wear marks, consider learning how to make your own tracks. Then you can ignore adding wear marks on your own tracks to keep you kids happy.

He isn't offended. Just stating his opinion. I am on both sides, sometimes I wish it was wore a bit less, sometimes I prefer it wore all down. Either way it takes skill to make a track look like it's been wore down when really it hasn't. Although it's kind of odd to see the whole track wore down like the last truck has ran yet the cars look pristine without a dent at all, and the paint not wore down on them. That's the only thing that clashes in my opinion. But, I can see the reasoning.

• Upvote 1

Well if you have a track that you like the racing paint over the freestyle version, you can get it to show racing on both versions.  Just copy the clean dirt texture file from the track zip.  Copy it, rename to the freestyle version, add it back, and you get a clean paint for freestyle.