V5 Blog

tracks are fine, infact better........ I get better FPS with caelum on on rocks track then I do with .37 with caelum off.

Yeah, I use .38 without any noticeable issue. There may be little problems I don't notice, but I've used both .37 and the latest stable .38, and haven't noticed a single problem beyond the known issue of some trucks not having tires. But there is a very simple fix where you put the flag data below the tire data in the .truck file. It is time consuming, but 30 minutes of pain and you get all the benefits of .38, which include being able to switch trucks on any terrain (and delete them), checkpoints that actually work, and better fps.

and the other cool bit is being able to set checkpoints to determine if a truck file has been tampered from the given values, if it is then it will not record a time.

I assume this means tampering with the beams/nodes an not the moving of props(such as lining up a custom body or chassis)? Would hate to see the upstarts squashed because they cant move props or change tires/wheels without making the truck illegal.

no I was referring to competitive edges on replica trucks, this instance would work with the same principal with custom trucks aswell, whatever you upload for others to use you better make sure those settings are what you use when you race, or you will not trip the checkpoint markers

• Upvote 2

Man seems this topic was filling up with .38 fever for a second. Also the thing about moving to .38. Guys its going to be crowded every day with people on there.

What do you mean its going to be crowded? .38 actually has many many public servers which is great. .38 also benefits us very much. I like .38 better and a lot of other guys do too.

• Upvote 2

Man seems this topic was filling up with .38 fever for a second. Also the thing about moving to .38. Guys its going to be crowded every day with people on there.

Also Realize We Can Password Protect Servers. I will have my own Monster Truck Server for 0.38 (as I have in 0.37) and after talking to Jeroen of Cifpo, I believe he will have one as well.