V5 Blog

i do have a question though,in the v5 pack replica's and custom's, will they have realistic monster truck sounds ?

Next time before you post your question you should look back some pages to see if your question has already or not been answered. Just some future information to remember.

calm down guys, if the v5 is completed after max d's 10th anniversary then max d will be released as a little pack, like the 30th diggers. We begin working on v5 again, this monday, we will post pics as soon as we can, and btw, if you guys didn't notice, those chassis kozak is making, are the v5 ones, so v5 isn't on a complete halt. 

Even if it was, you the authors are more than welcome to set it down and pick it back up when it suits you. MOST of us understand how time consuming a project like this can be, and that personal lives/circumstances are far more important than any add-on.

You guys do this on YOUR time. SOME of us can PATIENTLY WAIT for V5.

I'm still enjoying V4.

• Upvote 8

1. I have a glitched glow on ETL on V4 on my mac.  Will that glow be fixed in 0.37 beta? 

2. Maybe like Max-D can have a differential when you press W on the keypad. I've seen Max-D do his saves before. 

3. Another Max-D thing: Maybe there can be an additional command like F3/F4 can deal with the pyros on max-d.  If i spoiled it, TU BAD FO JUU

4. Hagan, If GD30 is done, why do you think it would be in V5??? :angry:

5.  When Metal posted about my comment, i'm sure you've seen the little drop down there before on 0.38, right?  It lets you decide between Breakable (Choice 2) and Original (Choice 1).

6.  A lot of questions, arent there?

7.  Will the tire glitch be fixed in V5 because i am having a HECK of a time trying to re edit the flex bodies.  I had to fix a LOT of trucks.

8. Errors 5 and 6 will be gone, right?  Error 6 on the breakables i kinda understand, but Error 5 on MaxD3.truck?? <-- Crazy........

1. I have a glitched glow on ETL on V4 on my mac.  Will that glow be fixed in 0.37 beta? 

2. Maybe like Max-D can have a differential when you press W on the keypad. I've seen Max-D do his saves before. 

3. Another Max-D thing: Maybe there can be an additional command like F3/F4 can deal with the pyros on max-d.  If i spoiled it, TU BAD FO JUU

5.  When Metal posted about my comment, i'm sure you've seen the little drop down there before on 0.38, right?  It lets you decide between Breakable (Choice 2) and Original (Choice 1).

7.  Will the tire glitch be fixed in V5 because i am having a HECK of a time trying to re edit the flex bodies.  I had to fix a LOT of trucks.

8. Errors 5 and 6 will be gone, right?  Error 6 on the breakables i kinda understand, but Error 5 on MaxD3.truck?? <-- Crazy........

Most of this issues are because you are using a Mac.

• Upvote 1

Most of this issues are because you are using a Mac.

Probably.  This is the only computer i have other than my grandparent's Windows Monitor that has no sound.  Its Either sound or nothing. 

1 was a mac question

2-3 were about the game itself

4 was a V4 reply (What a coincidence)

5 was a 0.38 fact

6 was a humor question

7 and 8 were windows questions about ror.  derp

1. no one has mentioned this issue on a PC so the simple conclusion it is a mac related issue.

2. having the ability to change your differentials (open/split/locked) means needing a completely different power curve for the engine (which the trucks will have in the update). Meents runs an aggressive limited slip style system in his ZF axles (more aggressive then say Bigfoot's ZF's). I have personally tested each settings and the split setting (which is supposed to replicate a limited slip) is not accurate in my opinion for Meents truck.

3. flare system for ROR sucks

4. they will probably be updated by someone because they were unique (like the chrome 25th digger) and it is always cool to see them updated to more current models and meshes.

5. not informed enough on .38 to comment on that but the flex body meshes in ROR are buggy and usually stick to other flex bodies (like say the body sticking to the tires) making this more of a pain then the actual wanted effect.

6.I guess

7. the tire "glitch" is a simple truckfile line fix, because the V4 trucks were not made for .38 (which alot of people seemed to have missed). V5's intent was for .38 so I guess that kind of answers the question doesn't it?

8. going into the Rigs of Rod folder in My Documents/Logs/ROR.log will have, in text format, the exact error of whatever your having.

i do have a question though,in the v5 pack replica's and custom's, will they have realistic monster truck sounds ?

No they will have train sounds, and im not kidding either.

Speaking of trains this thread is sorta related to this. This may also be a v5 preview you all decide.

http://pylant.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/train-wreck-wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

no offense to v5 creators, we all need breaks i completely understand, im just poking fun at the thread.