Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

Is the Superman cape going to be changed to black? i vaguely remember you or someone else asking about how to change the cape's color. Was that ever figured out? The red cape would take away from the whole Darth Vader thing. Anyway, I like the concept and from what I can see, they turned out pretty good...minus that darn cape, of course. 

Is the Superman cape going to be changed to black? i vaguely remember you or someone else asking about how to change the cape's color. Was that ever figured out? The red cape would take away from the whole Darth Vader thing. Anyway, I like the concept and from what I can see, they turned out pretty good...minus that darn cape, of course. 

Ya i never got a response on it so......im still kinda waiting

Ya i never got a response on it so......im still kinda waiting

Just map it to whatever texture you want in blender and viola. Or, if you're hell-bent on using the original texture, set the folder options to display files with a thumbnail, sort the files by type and look through the .png files until you've found it. Lemme know if that works for you

And @ Ice Cream: what program are you using for image editing? I might can help with that too

Just map it to whatever texture you want in blender and viola. Or, if you're hell-bent on using the original texture, set the folder options to display files with a thumbnail, sort the files by type and look through the .png files until you've found it. Lemme know if that works for you

well the thing is is i found the png painted it black and renamed then did the whole cloning thing for it but when i looked through the superman file the cape wasnt in there well the whole mapping thing i guess also i would do blender but i just am not good at it 

Cool. You kmow how to use the pen tool in Ps? That would be the easiest way I can think of. Just trace the outline of the chalk or re-create it as best as you can with the pen tool and then use the stroke path tool with the desired color and thickness and boom, there ya go. That's the best I can give from my I-Phone, but shoot me your AIM and I'll hit you up when I get home if you still need it. And Monster Jamer, the best I can think of is that the dip-sh*t who mapped the cape used only a small part of the cape texture, if they even used it, and just re-assigning the map to your texture will fix it. Other than that, all I can give from here is try good ol' trial and error. Like I said to Ice Cream, I can help more from home so if you'll shoot me an AIM address, I can help a lot more that way

If you don't want to wait, IC, try this. It's a tutorial that LF posted about the pen tool

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/17-pen-tool/

• Upvote 1

Alright I need a hand here.  I'm trying to move the on-board camera on my custom truck up to the roof.  The truck is basicly a re-painted Metal Mulisha, minus the flag.  I've taken a look at the "Moving Props" tutorial, but I'm still clueless on whereto go in the .truck file.  I know it's in the props section, but I have no idea which line I'm supposed to be in.  Can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

Anyone who downloads my yearly christmas track pack remembers the original version of this track, also who is a part of my FB page Rigs of rods monster truck racers knows ive remade it a while ago

1278345.png

3255742.png

Sort of a Raceway park knock off track. But I decided this time I'm gonna go with a Penda J Hook style approach. Just remaking some of the logo's and billboards and adding some new features to it. Right now it just feels too bland

• Upvote 5