Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

to be honest while it is cool to have the detail of a full replicated venue but at the sametime I find it a bit of a waste considering no one downloads or blasts around it for the sheer enjoyment of the stadiums model or texturing. guess I am the minority in that regard  :unsure:

I do agree with Outlawed in that regard. It is really nice to have a fully textured and modeled stadium, but with people with low end computers, it's hard for them to run these new detailed tracks. It's nice for everyone with good computers, but I know multiple people that have to delete the textures and stadium to even have a smooth frame rate. I have a higher end computer and never really thought about this until the other night, so I went on my fairly old laptop, ran Klayton's new Orlando and was only getting 8 FPS. I'm all for expanding and growing and getting more detailed, but it gets to the point where it is tough for people to compete with such low FPS on these new tracks. Just my two cents.

Well that is the double edge sword, add detail and you have to deal with your generic computer user being basically removed from being able to play. But if you have a decent computer why would you want to muddle with less detail if it means removing yourself from immersion of a supposed simulation? I have tried to hammer this point to others with the Sim Monsters truck pack since v3, the public wants more detail and better looking trucks, even if they are not aware it means they will no longer be able to play the game comfortably on their basic laptop/PC. No matter what you are going to have unhappy people.

• Upvote 1

Weird i noticed that i seem to get the same 30-40 fps with non coil trucks on every track no matter how much detail is in it and i just have a basic 5 year old off the shelf Dell Insperon.But look at where we have come from...We came from the plain ole RORMJ tracks that just had plain grandstands   but i love to see the added details to the Tr?cks and ill continue to download them as long as i can still get playable Offline FPS and when i cant ill just shrug my shoulders and buy/build a better pc if i have not already.

Credit where credit is due Coconut, that's an impressive stadium.

Agreeing with Kozak here. Great choice of wording. It is a double edged sword to try and achieve a maximum amount of detail and immersion, while trying to make the content functional for all people. I understand it is frustrating to be on an inadequate machine and not be able to enjoy these tr?cks, but at the same time, why should the author be hindered and robbed of his creative freedom/ability?

Most guys do what they can to make these tr?cks functional. Take Orlando 2013. Most of what you see is set to "no collide", which in theory makes a track perform better. There is only so much that can be done before you just have to draw the line and stick to your guns to make the piece that you want to achieve, regardless of how that piece is recieved.

I like the fully realized stadiums. It truly does add a level of immersion that this game desperately needs.

• Upvote 3

I truly am sorry for those of you who can't run my tracks. Ever since I got this game and played on the tracks before I was a track maker, the lack of stadium detail became a pet peeve. I will not change the way I make my tracks. If I have the ability to make something as real as possible, I will go for it even if I come out unsuccessful. The furthest I would go is making the whole stadium a non contactable object besides the stadium walls. Once BeamNG comes around, and if I am still around, hopefully I can make my tracks as detailed as possible with little to no loss of frames and friendly to most users.

• Upvote 7

Honestly at this point, if you are going to play PC games in this day in age, your probably going to need a decent computer. As harsh as it sounds, knowledge of the Ogre engine in the community as well as other PC gaming technology is advancing and its not stopping for people to upgrade their computers. Sorry for getting off topic, but its just the reality of the situation.

• Upvote 5

Im fine with Klaytons tracks, i think there fantastic and my computer runs them find. and klayton brought up another point, are we moving to Beamng when it comes out? if so lag would not be an issue and the limits for tracks and trucks would be ENDLESS.

Honestly at this point, if you are going to play PC games in this day in age, your probably going to need a decent computer. As harsh as it sounds, knowledge of the Ogre engine in the community as well as other PC gaming technology is advancing and its not stopping for people to upgrade their computers. Sorry for getting off topic, but its just the reality of the situation.

except the vast majority of people on here are 13-17 year old kids, still going through school and of generic middle class. trying to convince their parents or save up the money for that matter, to buy a computer tower with a pricetag north of $500, would be like trying to convince a nun to partake in some horizontal monster mashing.

that is the true "matter of the situation"

• Upvote 4

except the vast majority of people on here are 13-17 year old kids, still going through school and of generic middle class. trying to convince their parents or save up the money for that matter, to buy a computer tower with a pricetag north of $500, would be like trying to convince a nun to partake in some horizontal monster mashing.

that is the true "matter of the situation"

Its a tough luck sort of deal. We probably don't have this issue if we eventually move to a new engine in the future.

Its a tough luck sort of deal. We probably don't have this issue if we eventually move to a new engine in the future.

How does that solve any of those problems though? The new engine would likely require an even greater PC with likely higher requirements. Before MTM2 draggers collapsed dave said the very same thing, were dealing with a select group of people, these people are anywhere from 8-26 years old, and though the select few will buy high end computers the rest(majority) are left with whatever mom and pops buys or doesn't buy. Why worry about these people? Because they are our foundation, they are the ones continually filling qualifying places, ones trying to make new content, they could be the ones that lead this community to the next phase as the younger mtm2 crowd did, they could be the next Dig, Kozak, Rock, or Colleneri, they could start leagues, make tracks, trucks or both.

I like seeing the two versions of tracks, I think thats what the community needed, where the high end PC guys get a great track, and the low end pc user got a decent track as well. I think there probably should be a bigger drop in quality for the FPS track, Bottom line they want a playable track before a decent looking stadium model or rotating signs and such, if you can't even drive on the track whats the point of all the fancy items?

• Upvote 9

How does that solve any of those problems though? The new engine would likely require an even greater PC with likely higher requirements. Before MTM2 draggers collapsed dave said the very same thing, were dealing with a select group of people, these people are anywhere from 8-26 years old, and though the select few will buy high end computers the rest(majority) are left with whatever mom and pops buys or doesn't buy. Why worry about these people? Because they are our foundation, they are the ones continually filling qualifying places, ones trying to make new content, they could be the ones that lead this community to the next phase as the younger mtm2 crowd did, they could be the next Dig, Kozak, Rock, or Colleneri, they could start leagues, make tracks, trucks or both.

I like seeing the two versions of tracks, I think thats what the community needed, where the high end PC guys get a great track, and the low end pc user got a decent track as well. I think there probably should be a bigger drop in quality for the FPS track, Bottom line they want a playable track before a decent looking stadium model or rotating signs and such, if you can't even drive on the track whats the point of all the fancy items?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

• Upvote 1